Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
The Toyota dealership who asked 74K for a Rav4 Prime has to be criminally prosecuted.
:D

I don't think there is a crime here. I'm not an attorney, but I don't think greed alone is a crime, nor is stupidity, or abject failure at marketing.

If someone was stupid enough to want one badly enough, and they had more money than brains, and they were in the South Bay? They deserve each other. :p

I love this forum. My 2019 RAV4 Hybrid is the last Toyota I will ever purchase. Auto dealerships generally suck, and dealership service departments suck twice as hard.

Reactions: Adarsh

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just curious, are you also on waitlist in MN? which dealership's waitlist are you on? And for which trim? Thanks!
I’m not on any official waitlists in MN. St Cloud Toyota knows what I want, but they are only getting 1 sometime in 2021 so not much hope there. Walser Toyota in Bloomington is getting a Blizzard Pearl XSE with PP, but they want $10k over MSRP. That was an easy NO. I’m on waitlist at Rogers Toyota in OR, Dorschel in NY and one in NJ (can’t recall the name at the moment).

·
Registered
15 Posts
I’m not on any official waitlists in MN. St Cloud Toyota knows what I want, but they are only getting 1 sometime in 2021 so not much hope there. Walser Toyota in Bloomington is getting a Blizzard Pearl XSE with PP, but they want $10k over MSRP. That was an easy NO. I’m on waitlist at Rogers Toyota in OR, Dorschel in NY and one in NJ (can’t recall the name at the moment).
Thanks for the info! Yeah that's awful for $10k markup... Inver Grove Toyota told me no markup, but I will believe it when I actually see it... :) Good luck, hopefully we can all find something we want soon!

·
Registered
55 Posts
:D

I don't think there is a crime here. I'm not an attorney, but I don't think greed alone is a crime, nor is stupidity, or abject failure at marketing.

If someone was stupid enough to want one badly enough, and they had more money than brains, and they were in the South Bay? They deserve each other. :p

I love this forum. My 2019 RAV4 Hybrid is the last Toyota I will ever purchase. Auto dealerships generally suck, and dealership service departments suck twice as hard.
Yah, these phony dealerships play too many games.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Update on the progress of my SE:
Built Date: 4/13/2021
Shipped Date: 4/24/2021
ETA at JAX, FL: 5/22/2021
ETA at Dealer from JAX: 7-10 Days (First week in June)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Update on the progress of my SE:
Built Date: 4/13/2021
Shipped Date: 4/24/2021
ETA at JAX, FL: 5/22/2021
ETA at Dealer from JAX: 7-10 Days (First week in June)
Is your car being off loaded in Jacksonville? Typically ocean transport from Jacksonville to Port of N.Y. is 48 hrs. From Charleston to N.Y. typically 36 hrs.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Is your car being off loaded in Jacksonville? Typically ocean transport from Jacksonville to Port of N.Y. is 48 hrs. From Charleston to N.Y. typically 36 hrs.
I was assuming Jacksonville but that could be wrong assumption on my part. I was quoted 7-10 days after vassal arrival.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Northtown Toyota near Buffalo, NY is selling SEs for $250 off MSRP, doc fees are $75. Contact Joseph Aiello.

Parkway Toyota in Englewood Cliffs, NJ sells SEs for $500 off MSRP, doc fees at $499. Contact Bob Winograd.

These two dealers advertise on the Facebook group. I bought my SE from Parkway Toyota and had it shipped.
Thanks for this tip! I just drove home a new prime SE from northtown in buffalo. Sold at MSRP (no discount) but the $75 dealer fees were great.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Thanks for this tip! I just drove home a new prime SE from northtown in buffalo. Sold at MSRP (no discount) but the $75 dealer fees were great.
I ordered via Parkway Toyota because they responded to my email and made the process simple enough. I was expecting to pay MSRP so it all worked out. I don’t have my RAV4P SE yet so I will let you know how everything works out.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
My dealer just informed that the vessel carry my Prime has arrived. I am estimating about a wait of two/three weeks before the black beauty arrives at the dealer. I heard there is a bit of backup at the port.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My dealer just informed that the vessel carry my Prime has arrived. I am estimating about a wait of two/three weeks before the black beauty arrives at the dealer. I heard there is a bit of backup at the port.
It may be quicker to the dealer than you think. Bob messaged me yesterday and said my ship would be in port 6/10. He said before the end of June but could be early as 6-10 days. So be prepared for the unexpected, which in this case is good. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Still waiting on my TX registration... bought back at the end of February. Last I heard from Steven was a month ago.
You can call TX DVM to find out what is going on with your registration. It might not be Parkway Toyota issue but could be due to slow TX DVM office.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
349 Posts
You can call TX DVM to find out what is going on with your registration. It might not be Parkway Toyota issue but could be due to slow TX DVM office.
Or, it could be the dealer used It's Easy Inc. to register your car and they are known as pathetically slow and incompetent. If so call them directly located at 30 Rockefeller NYC. 212-586-8880

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Parkway Toyota put a rush on my SE. 18 days to go and hopefully it will show up. Will be getting a update early next week.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Update on my plates. On Friday, day after I posted, I texted Steven about an update. I got a call from Parkway later that day that my plates arrived and I needed to verify my address. After a little phone tag, I confirmed my address with Steven yesterday, they sent out the plates by FedEx, and I received them today with my registration sticker.

Overall, I'm happy with Parkway Toyota. Only criticisms would be high document fees, likely no pre-inspection (I received the car with tires at 45 PSI), and a little slow on the registration. But working with Bob (manager), Steven (salesman), and Jenny (finance) was fairly easy.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts