Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
Update on my plates. On Friday, day after I posted, I texted Steven about an update. I got a call from Parkway later that day that my plates arrived and I needed to verify my address. After a little phone tag, I confirmed my address with Steven yesterday, they sent out the plates by FedEx, and I received them today with my registration sticker.

Overall, I'm happy with Parkway Toyota. Only criticisms would be high document fees, likely no pre-inspection (I received the car with tires at 45 PSI), and a little slow on the registration. But working with Bob (manager), Steven (salesman), and Jenny (finance) was fairly easy.
Glad everything worked out for you. Seems like everyone had a pleasant experience thus far with Parkway.

·
Registered
86 Posts
So in a pleasant surprise, I received a letter from Parkway Toyota yesterday containing a check for $200. The memo stated "MV Overage", which I'm assuming it's a refund for my local registration being less than expected.

So now I take back my criticism of higher doc fees. Would definitely recommend working with Parkway Toyota for anyone that has to purchase out of state.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
Final ETA is between 6/4-6/7. Flying out in a week then driving back home via I-80-I90-I94: Newark-Youngstown-Cleveland-Chicago-Madison-Minneapolis. Sounds like everyone had a reasonable experience with Parkway. I think I have everything ready to pick up the car then drive home. I will keep track of the MPG and driving impressions. Look forward reporting my notes to you guys next week.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Final ETA is between 6/4-6/7. Flying out in a week then driving back home via I-80-I90-I94: Newark-Youngstown-Cleveland-Chicago-Madison-Minneapolis. Sounds like everyone had a reasonable experience with Parkway. I think I have everything ready to pick up the car then drive home. I will keep track of the MPG and driving impressions. Look forward reporting my notes to you guys next week.
Good Luck! Keep us updated...

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got mine at Valenti Toyota in Westerly, RI. I flew out from CO to get it and it is being shipped back to CO now. My friend got one too and he did all the leg work to find the dealership, etc. Paid MSRP and pretty low 'fees' so out the door will be around $33k after the tax stuff. Charcoal grey SE with rubber mats and weather package. It seems like a fantastic car and I can't wait to get it broken in and ready for some serious fun.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
We have less than 24 hours to go. Seems like all the paperwork is in place: Auto Insurance and Temporary license plates. Based on a few conversations we had this week, we are not anticipating any major surprises. The Toyota APP indicates that my SE has 5 miles on the odometer. I am taking my tire pressure gauge and EZPass. Will report back tomorrow.

I ordered my SE on 4/5/2021 and am picking it up on 6/11.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I picked mine up from the shipping company today. I neglected to get temp plates from RI and now my DMV here in CO won't give me any until I 1) prove I paid the sales tax (which is on the invoice) and 2) have a title. So, I'm driving it without plates for now. 😁 I do have insurance of course and with COVID I still many cars with expired plates. I'll probably leave it in my garage until I get more legal but that will take a few more days. First impressions are great. I really like this car. Mine also came with 5 miles on the odometer. The drive home was about 30 miles so I did the first 20 in HV mode, then changed to HEV to charge up for the rest of the day. Drove back to work this afternnoon on HV only. I'm planning to run the engine for a minimum of 20 miles at a shot any time it comes on for the first few hundred miles until it is a bit broken in.

·
Registered
2021 RAV4 Prime XSE (+weather +audio) Silver Sky Metallic
22 Posts
I picked mine up from the shipping company today. I neglected to get temp plates from RI and now my DMV here in CO won't give me any until I 1) prove I paid the sales tax (which is on the invoice) and 2) have a title. So, I'm driving it without plates for now. 😁 I do have insurance of course and with COVID I still many cars with expired plates. I'll probably leave it in my garage until I get more legal but that will take a few more days. First impressions are great. I really like this car. Mine also came with 5 miles on the odometer. The drive home was about 30 miles so I did the first 20 in HV mode, then changed to HEV to charge up for the rest of the day. Drove back to work this afternnoon on HV only. I'm planning to run the engine for a minimum of 20 miles at a shot any time it comes on for the first few hundred miles until it is a bit broken in.
Just so you are aware, insurance will not cover you if your car is not registered. They’ll take any reason they can to not pay out a claim and that’s a super easy out for them. Be safe.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 · (Edited)
Just so you are aware, insurance will not cover you if your car is not registered. They’ll take any reason they can to not pay out a claim and that’s a super easy out for them. Be safe.
I don't think your statement is true. When your registration is expired, it has the same effect as unregistered car. It is illegal to drive with an expired registration or unregistered car but the car is insured as long as you pay the premium whether it is registered or not.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Either way it's sitting in the garage until I get the registration figured out. I don't need the hassle and at this point, another week is not a big deal.

·
Registered
2021 Rav4 Prime SE X2
349 Posts
The selling dealer can provide a manufacturer's title, or also called certificate of origin, which should have been in your paperwork. Just ask for it, maybe $10 fee if any, unless you financed the car and the lender gets it. Hopefully the dealer didn't use It's Easy as an agent for processing, cause they are notoriously slow and incompetent.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 · (Edited)
Parkway Toyota scored perfect so no worries. Tire pressure was perfect at 38 PSI. No surprises and everyone was very thorough. Steven, Bob, Jason and Jenny were awesome. I will post more details later when I get home.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Just got home after driving 1200 miles all night long and this morning. Met a nice fellow RAV4 member too in Madison, WI. This is how Parkway scored against my criteria. As a reference, my local dealers scored 100% on document but no better than 98 on mechanical checks. Parkway Toyota scored perfect on my SE.

Documentation Check
Expected Result
VIN on Doc vs. CarPass = MatchPass = 33
Correct Name on TitlePass = Correct NamePass = 33
Sales TaxPass = Correct Rate (e.g., MN = 6.5%)Pass = 33
Document FeesPass = Agreed FeePass = 33
Registration Tax/FeesPass = Correct Fee (e.g., MN = $499)Pass = 33
Dealer Add On FeesPass = Agreed FeesPass = 33
Rebate and DiscountsPass = Applicable College and/or Veteran RebatePass = 33
Loan Rate and TermsPass = Agreed rate and termsPass = 33
Temporary PlatesPass = MountedPass = 33
Hidden FeesPass = No hidden fees or surprisesPass = 33