Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 Rav4 Limited. I love the car, just don't like the orange light on the dash showing Mileage. Also the Orange background on the temp & clock.
Any suggestions?

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,531 Posts
The dash lighting is provided by tiny surface mount LED's on the circuit boards. It would take a skilled electronics technician familiar with SMD soldering and even then, it would be time consuming and tedious.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just recently changed out all of the led's in my Scion tC with blue ones. As JuneBug mentioned, it is very tedious work, however, it does not require an experienced electrician. It was my first time soldering and I was able to master even the smallest of components. When it comes to red, orange, and yellow, it should just be a direct led swap. Don't quote me on that though. If you want to change it to blue, green, pink, purple, or something similar, it might require changing out some resistors. Luckily for the Scion's, there are detailed installation procedures. I used LEDmod.com. They do not currently have a kit for Rav4's but I'm sure if you contacted them, they would be able to make one up! Good luck.

P.S. It was a really fun and rewarding project!

·
Registered
33 Posts
LEDS

I know this is a older Thread but anyway, I just emailed Sean at LED mod.com to see what they can do about hooking any of us up with a swap kit. He took care of my 2007 tC and it looks amazing! They are pretty friendly and easy to deal with.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Update

Sorry for the delay, I am sending pictures to LED Mod this weekend to see what they can do for us. I will post the reply.

·
Super Moderator
9,566 Posts
The thread is almost 4.5 years and the member has probably sold his car.
Maybe not since his latest post was Jan 22, 2018. Might be worth a PM from ismc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts