Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2003 RAV has fog lights on the bottom, but no switch inside the interior to turn them on or anything.....am I to assume these are just a cosmetic on the front bumper or can I actually add a switch to the interior to turn them on?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Noel said:
have a look on your light switch about 25mm in
yeah I looked...I dont see anything indicating a fog light or auxillary light function
any other advice?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Noel said:
have a look on your light switch about 25mm in
yeah I did...nothing that would indicate a fog light switch......my version is not an L model....its a regular base model.....is that any indication? Perhaps they just left the lights on the front bumper but internal wiring is needed along with a switch next to the security alarm indicator on the dash?

·
Registered
409 Posts
You need to replace the signal stalk with one from a Rav that is equipped with fogs. Then all you need is the fogs, fuse for the fog light circuit as well as the fog light relay. The fog light wiring is in all models of the 2nd gen Rav.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah--thats it! my stalk does NOT have that like the pictures above posting. Where can I get that stalk cheap and have it installed? I believe the dealer would be very expensive yeah?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you sure the bottom light on your bumper is the fog light? My 03 base has the turn signal light on the bumper, not the fog light.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes. U can replace that ine turn signal and get mini fog light housing on bottom sideways and turn signal housing above that same hole. Behind the housings should be a wire taped to turn signal wire that is a 9006 fog light connector. U will still need a relay to give it power. As for the switch. U can always run ur own toggle switch for it and mount on dash in one them extra slots that pop out

1 - 12 of 12 Posts