Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a flat tire on my 2014 Rav4 Limited and for the life of me I can NOT get that darn car jack out of its compartment! I'm at the point where I'm feeling like a mad crazy person because I can't change my tire to the donut just to get into town and repair the tire that has a nail in it and I'm stuck in my garage. If I was stuck in the side of the road this could be dangerous! The manual and YouTube have been of zero help. I am 49 years old and never had an issue removing a car jack from it's holding place before and I have always owned a Toyota. What am I doing wrong here???

·
Registered
164 Posts
But in the essence helping your situation, I’m not familiar with your car but have tried opening your owners manual and seeing what it says? I think the proper method to remove and set it up is in there - at least in our manual it is 🤷‍♂️

·
Super Moderator
9,413 Posts
Once you locate the jack you have to turn the jack handle insert end to remove it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You need to use the jack handle to make the jack smaller to get it out.
It is not currently at its lowest height. You lower it in place in order to get it out.

·
Super Moderator
9,413 Posts
You need to use the jack handle to make the jack smaller to get it out.
It is not currently at its lowest height. You lower it in place in order to get it out.
Okay that's what I was trying to say except that you don't use the handle to "lower" it, you turn the end where the handle connects by hand. And then reverse the process when re-storing the jack.
Hopefully she got it out last night.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts