Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone with a V6 Rav4 see on their car where the crankshaft position sensor is located? I know from diagrams where it is supposed to be located, on the front side of the engine, bottom left side, with a forward facing bolt and I believe 2 wires pointing toward driving side.

While looking in my car, I can't seem to find it and wonder if the ac condenser is covering up my view to it (alternator already is removed) and if I have to partially remove the ac condenser bolts to get to it (or see it). Can anyone see it on their car, and if so, please post a picture of it so I can see the angle being used to get to it?

·
Super Moderator
10,151 Posts
Yep, looks like it's pretty well buried.

From my Repair Manual I confirmed that the red & green broken wires on your other post do indeed go to the crank position sensor.

On page ES-488 removal of the sensor requires removal of the radiator, after draining the coolant and discharging the refrigerant, and then disconnecting the compressor.
If all that needs to be done to get at the sensor I doubt one could even see it w/o at least part of that work. :frown

Reactions: rav4oria

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
Yep, looks like it's pretty well buried.

From my Repair Manual I confirmed that the red & green broken wires on your other post do indeed go to the crank position sensor.

On page ES-488 removal of the sensor requires removal of the radiator, after draining the coolant and discharging the refrigerant, and then disconnecting the compressor.
If all that needs to be done to get at the sensor I doubt one could even see it w/o at least part of that work. :frown
all that just to change a crank sensor...way to go toyota...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Dr. Dyno!! Your posts especially your references to the ES manual pages were extraordinary helpful as I saw what you mentioned and in that pdf also found referencing to testing the sensor, etc.. That's great stuff and thank you!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts