Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had to do this yet? Is there a good way to CLEANLY remove these things?

Thanks!!
:D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm talking about the in-channel vent visors that you install in each window. They attach w/3M tape.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One more try

Has anyone ever taken OFF window vent visors (in-channel)?

If so, I would appreciate any guidance. Thanks!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i just pull them right off... why did ur tape stay on? I find them annoying cuz they produce so much road noise, and when i go through car wash there will always be soap between the vent and glass

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know, I had those on my 96 RAV and they were noisy. I was afraid to remove them as I feared that the paint under them might be darker (black) as the sun may have faded the rest of the vehicle.

If you do remove them, let us know if there was any noticeable paint fade.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm afraid to pull them off because they may damage the rubber channel piece. I have adhesive remover for any gunk that may stay on.

I was just wondering if they will pull off easy. I've had the one's that mount on the outside (not in-channel) on another vehicle I have and they are much quieter and the window doesn't get jammed.

Thanks - I'll let you know what happens if I decide to pull them off!

·
Registered
986 Posts
The rubber gasket insert that's inside the window frame channel is not held in by anything, it just sits in the groove and is attached on both sides of the frame at the base of the window. So don't really worry about damaging the rubber gasket, because when you pull out the visors the gasket will probably come out with it. Obviously do this with the windows all the way down.

What you should do is take a pair of tin snips and cut the visor in the middle to make it easier to take out of the window frame. Pull out the pieces, and don't worry if the rubber gasket comes out with it because you can clean off the adhesive and pop the gasket back in the channel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts