Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Winter is coming and I have the Sno-Joe styrofoam snow brush, an ice scraper and a shovel.

We have the hybrid model and got the Toyota flat rubber mat for the cargo area. How do you think it's best to secure the bin so it doesn't slid around? I was thinking of using 3M velcros in maybe 8 spots because I don't like my friend's idea of boring holes and securing with bungee cords.

Our Honda Accord's weather tech trunk mats are two-three inches high and so is more like set and forget but I forgot I don't want the cargo wet with melted ice/snow.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Winter is coming and I have the Sno-Joe styrofoam snow brush, an ice scraper and a shovel.

We have the hybrid model and got the Toyota flat rubber mat for the cargo area. How do you think it's best to secure the bin so it doesn't slid around? I was thinking of using 3M velcros in maybe 8 spots because I don't like my friend's idea of boring holes and securing with bungee cords.

Our Honda Accord's weather tech trunk mats are two-three inches high and so is more like set and forget but I forgot I don't want the cargo wet with melted ice/snow.

The RAV4 has an accessory cargo net available that you could set them in. It installs in the cargo area that looks like small circles located on either side of the cargo area so you can adjust how much it hangs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,505 Posts
Possibly irrelevant - today in Minnesota I found my RAV4 windows entirely iced-over, started the engine then scraped the windows, Somehow the climate control increased the available engine heat to max and in ten minutes I was ready to rock-and-roll. It is pretty smart. I set my insider temp to 75 degrees. I don't know if that mattered. My windshield was clear in two minutes.

·
Registered
428 Posts
No need to secure it if there is a small bit of weight in it. I used the same bin in my RAV as I had in my Venza for 8 years, and it NEVER budged one bit. I kept it flush against the back seats as hard braking is the only risk since the acceleration will not even move a dime off the dashboard LOL.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
My RAV4 has several tie-downs and hooks in the cargo area. I have used bungie cords or straps to tie cargo down. Though mostly I use the hammock net with the spring-loaded poles to hold my stuff.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I use a solid rubber bungie cord and elastic net to hold down a plastic trunk organizer that covers the whole rear.

Reactions: internalaudit

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The RAV4 has an accessory cargo net available that you could set them in. It installs in the cargo area that looks like small circles located on either side of the cargo area so you can adjust how much it hangs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We have that cargo net. A friend did mention there were four lashing rings (???) and a large enough bin from anywhere that has some holes in the center will work with bungee cords.

It's just that the flat Toyota rubber mat will get soaking wet when ice/snow melts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts