Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much fuel and energy it takes when deceleratiing from the cruise control is activated? It seems to apply a small amount of breaking. I'm sure I could info at the dealer but I know someone on this forum could help too. thanks...and anyone with a solution for the cupholders? nothing seems to stand up in them, i am thinking of building a black plastic "shim" to insert in the large hole????

·
Registered
218 Posts
Not sure about the Cruise Control (our first road trip isn't until June).

Someone did a post about homemade shims in the 4.3 Interior Forum.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In my researching of the new RAV4, I was under the impression that the cruise control system would gently apply the brakes when going down a steep hill so that the speed doesn't increase. But in practice, the speed does increase. Have I misunderstood how it works?

On a slightly different tangent, has anyone noticed how little the RAV4 "runs away" when going down some hills (without the cruise on)? I feel an appreciable drag in such situations so much that I thought there was something dragging, like a brake that doesn't fully release. Is this just the 5-speed tranny at work? When I put it in neutral while going down hills it freewheels just fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts