Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering a 2016 Rav4. I'm aware it doesn't offer CarPlay or Android Auto and am somewhat turned off by that as my existing car nav/entertainment system seems really outdated in just 4 years.

How is the Nav system?
Can you link Waze into it?
Do they upgrade Entune often or at all?

Any other feedback on the speed and fuctionality of the screen, apps, etc?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have a '16 limited, would have liked Carplay, but I'm fine with what I have. Functionality for music from my iPhone is fine. I don't use a lot of music apps but Pandora and Rhapsody play through with reasonable control on the touch screen, particularly for Pandora. Texts pop up on the screen readily and the phone functions work well enough for me. I don't use a lot of the other apps in the car but the implementation of Yelp is one that I use and am pleased with. I'm not a social media guy so that's probably one area I can't comment on, but overall I'm getting the vast majority of what I like in functionality. I'm also pleased with the Nav, works at least as well as the latest standalone Garmin, which some folks prefer to built ins. Works way better than the factory Nav in my Subaru BRZ. As a reference, I also have a 2014 Lexus IS and I am very surprised at how many improvements the 2016 RAV entune system has over the entune in the Lexus. Anyway just my 2 cents, as they say, your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm considering a 2016 Rav4. I'm aware it doesn't offer CarPlay or Android Auto and am somewhat turned off by that as my existing car nav/entertainment system seems really outdated in just 4 years.

How is the Nav system?
Can you link Waze into it?
Do they upgrade Entune often or at all?

Any other feedback on the speed and fuctionality of the screen, apps, etc?

We have the XLE Hybrid model. I too use Waze so I had no need for a NAV system. Been using Waze for years and it is spot on accurate and useful over any NAV I have used. Later, I regretted buying TomTom because Waze is even more accurate than it ever was. Aside from all of that, my phone is mounted right above the stereo so I can use both. Waze Audio plays right through the radio so I can hear everything I need. I like how I can listen to Apple music while driving and still get notifications about road conditions.

Entune was updated a few days after we purchased right through the data connection on the iphone.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Aside from all of that, my phone is mounted right above the stereo so I can use both.
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but if you don't mind me asking, how did you mount your phone? I tried the mount by ProClip, but it kept falling off, and it would make the long silver plastic piece above the radio bounce up and down... looking for a way to mount my iPhone in my 2016 XLE...

Now as far as Entune... I like it. I, as well, like how it will play nicely with my iPhone. I don't have it connected by Bluetooth, but by the USB cable, and it works great. Don't use Pandora or the other apps, so I can't comment on that. I am a big Waze user too, but did try the navigation a few times, and it worked pretty well, I was surprised. Still not giving up Waze though... lol..

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but if you don't mind me asking, how did you mount your phone? I tried the mount by ProClip, but it kept falling off, and it would make the long silver plastic piece above the radio bounce up and down... looking for a way to mount my iPhone in my 2016 XLE...

Now as far as Entune... I like it. I, as well, like how it will play nicely with my iPhone. I don't have it connected by Bluetooth, but by the USB cable, and it works great. Don't use Pandora or the other apps, so I can't comment on that. I am a big Waze user too, but did try the navigation a few times, and it worked pretty well, I was surprised. Still not giving up Waze though... lol..
It took a while to research, but then I bought a mount to go on the dash above the stereo. Here is the mount that I bought------>https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JRGOKQ8/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

A few Notes about installing:

1). I had MANY concerns about the dash and not wanting to ruin it. After numerous questions to the seller, I found that this comes with a rubber guard that you can put on the dash first before using the suction cup.

2). After a few weeks I removed the suction cup and rubber pad to see how things looked. I am very happy and reinstalled.

3). It holds heavy phones I have an iphone 6s plus and it holds it without any issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts