Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On 2016 Limited.
Sounds funny, but I do not like LEDs. It blinds oncoming traffic and I cannot see moose on the road because of LED cutoff line.
Do I need to replace whole housing or just a part of it?
At least low beams.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Probably just the headlight bulbs, not completely sure since most people do the opposite. Why do you think you are blinding incoming traffic if the headlights are aligned that shouldn't happen. If you can remove one of the headlight bulbs and take a pic to see how it looks. I'm running HIDs on my 2016 XLE if interested I'll swap the factory halogens with you ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
I don't have a 2016, but I'm guessing the principle is the same?
Three cutoff is dictated by the housing in the Rav4, not the bulb. (Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just guessing here).
I have a 2013 and just a few days ago replaced the low and high/DRL beam bulbs for LEDs.
Cutoff is the same on lows, the output is about the same too, but light is actually white, not yellowish.
All in all, I like LEDs better.

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

·
Registered
229 Posts
On 2016 Limited.
Sounds funny, but I do not like LEDs. It blinds oncoming traffic and I cannot see moose on the road because of LED cutoff line.
At least low beams.
I have a 2016 XLE Hybrid that came with Halogens. I replaced the Halogens so that I could see better at night. It is a lot easier to see for me with white light as it makes objects stand out a lot more. The cutoff point is set at a certain point to make sure you do not blind people. It is possible that yours might have been set too high. Also, I have not been flashed by anyone because of the LED lights.

·
Registered
428 Posts
On 2016 Limited.
At least low beams.
Can't see the moose, AND you are blinding people? That is 2 different problems that contradict each other. One too bright the other not far enough ahead (which fixing will blind people more). I've never been flashed in 5,000 miles even once with my LED's. That is what I use to gauge blinding others. Maybe LED red nose's on the moose's would help?
Anyway, as others said, I think the housing is the cutoff issue.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Not really sure how this is even a question, both points make no sense...brand new 2017 technology, lets revert back to the 80's...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts