Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stock, mine was nowhere near the >8" advertised anywhere along the bottom center of the vehicle. Do you know if they measure it at the bumpers or something?

Right now, my vehicle is lifted 2" up front and about 4.5" in the rear. Including my 30.5" tires, it thus sits around 3" above stock up front, and 5.5" above stock in the rear. Still, I only have 10.5" of clearance between the rear axles (ground to belly pan) and 9.4" of clearace to the belly pan between the front axles. These are roughly the lowest points on the vehicle.

Of note, when I installed my rear hitch before the lift, the hitch measured 8" from the ground after the taller tires. Now it sits at 12.5" above the ground, so I know my measured and calculated rear lift height is accurate.

Also of note, the ground clearance on my 2016 4Runner TRD Pro is accurate as advertised, measuring from the ground to the rear differential.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I wonder if they measure before any fluids are added? Thinking that it could potentially add weight to the vehicle thus lowering it due to load on the suspension. I've also been wondering why in the heck anyone needs side steps for this vehicle as its not tall unless it gets really lifted. Seems like using a step ladder to get on a miniature pony lol

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wonder if they measure before any fluids are added? Thinking that it could potentially add weight to the vehicle thus lowering it due to load on the suspension. I've also been wondering why in the heck anyone needs side steps for this vehicle as its not tall unless it gets really lifted. Seems like using a step ladder to get on a miniature pony lol
I am only 5'11 and have to duck down and squat to get into this vehicle, which probably sits higher than almost any 5th gen. I guess we have some tiny members!

As far as fluid weight, by my measurements, it takes about 200lb to lower the rear 1". Given my measurements are several inches low, it would take like 1200lb of fluids to compress the suspension 3" both front and rear!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Stock, mine was nowhere near the >8" advertised anywhere along the bottom center of the vehicle. Do you know if they measure it at the bumpers or something?

Right now, my vehicle is lifted 2" up front and about 4.5" in the rear. Including my 30.5" tires, it thus sits around 3" above stock up front, and 5.5" above stock in the rear. Still, I only have 10.5" of clearance between the rear axles (ground to belly pan) and 9.4" of clearace to the belly pan between the front axles. These are roughly the lowest points on the vehicle.

Of note, when I installed my rear hitch before the lift, the hitch measured 8" from the ground after the taller tires. Now it sits at 12.5" above the ground, so I know my measured and calculated rear lift height is accurate.

Also of note, the ground clearance on my 2016 4Runner TRD Pro is accurate as advertised, measuring from the ground to the rear differential.
8.4" of ground clearance is a joke. There is no way. Another Toyota lie. Toyota should buy back the car for this lie alone.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts