Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
141 - 147 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
I have been through 4 Hurricanes in 2 years where there was no power for a week each time with 90 degree temps. There were hard curfews where if you were out after 7pm and could not prove you were in the medical, law, utility field, you went to jail. 911 will not respond until winds die down to a certain point.

I now prepare for events on my own as best as possible as I learned you are mostly on your own. Please see my list of Preps a few pages back on this thread if interested.

I just didn't have time to go to medical school, and know how to use a ventilator, IVs ect.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
No panic for me - death rate from COVID-19 in the U.S. is about the same as for seasonal flu. Main concern is to not contribute to my spouse getting coronavirus. I believe that our RAV4 is immune, but governor-imposed restrictions will prevent me from having it serviced according to schedule! Trump is right when he basically said yesterday that the "cure could be worse than the disease" in the U.S. As for preparedness, where we are in Oregon there is the prospect of a catastrophic earthquake on the Cascadia fault with extended regional isolation, so we keep our supplies stocks up.

·
Registered
65 Posts
No panic for me - death rate from COVID-19 in the U.S. is about the same as for seasonal flu. Main concern is to not contribute to my spouse getting coronavirus. I believe that our RAV4 is immune, but governor-imposed restrictions will prevent me from having it serviced according to schedule! Trump is right when he basically said yesterday that the "cure could be worse than the disease" in the U.S. As for preparedness, where we are in Oregon there is the prospect of a catastrophic earthquake on the Cascadia fault with extended regional isolation, so we keep our supplies stocks up.
At least in the Mid-Atlantic states, automobile maintenance/repair is considered essential. Dealerships are keeping their service bays open.

For me, it keeps me from shopping for the replacement for my "lemon" 2015 CR-V (just had transmission replaced under extended warranty, on top of a new cylinder head a year ago). My guess is we won't be placing Prime orders in April.

·
Registered
693 Posts
My thoughts are with the healthcare workers and first responders. If I were a US hospital healthcare worker I would be threatening a national walkout if this "save the economy first" nonsense continues. These are the people risking their lives and the lives of their loved ones to save us and our loved ones.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I think there are like 50M suicides in the US per year, and over a million attempts. I fear those will increase significantly if this thing continues - not to mention drugs, alcohol, divorce. etc. I think the president attempting to give people a hopeful outlook is a good thing.

They just announced schools out here until the end of April. So far I am still employed - working from home - same with the wife. Were very fortunate - many will have nothing when this is over - even if its shorter than expected.

·
Super Moderator
9,743 Posts
This thread has been reported as, "This entire thread is becoming a politics pissing contest, nothing to do with RAV4."
After reviewing the thread and deleting 40+ posts I certainly agree and am closing it under the forum's "No politics please" policy.
For those who wish to continue the discussion in a pleasant rant free manner https://www.rav4world.com/threads/how-is-everyone-dealing-with-covid19.305157/ is still open.

141 - 147 of 147 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.