Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The new filter and intake tube is working great. Better then I though to tell you the truth. The best part is EXCELLENT mileage. I've been running on one tank since pay day. Today is the 18th, I'll guess I'll be filling it up next pay day. :shock: Yep, that good, beleive it or not! I go to San Juan once a week, that is an hour drive. So that can show you how good. Oh, BTW, I come and go express, like always.

Remember I have other stuff that helps also.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Derek, as soon as I notice, well lets say as soon as I lose a challenge on the highway, I'll get a K&N filter cleaning kit. I've always used it. It's the best.

http://www.knfilters.com/clningacc.htm

I'm going to have to ask for a piece of the action to all these recommendation I'm doing. I'll cut you in on some Derek :lol: :lol:

:wink:

·
Registered
57 Posts
mensajero said:
Thanks Derek, as soon as I notice, well lets say as soon as I lose a challenge on the highway, I'll get a K&N filter cleaning kit. I've always used it. It's the best.

http://www.knfilters.com/clningacc.htm

I'm going to have to ask for a piece of the action to all these recommendation I'm doing. I'll cut you in on some Derek :lol: :lol:

:wink:
Can I use this product on other rechargable filters? like from TRD? Or is it strictly for K & N filters.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To tell you the truth I've tried it on other filters and it really doesn't work well with them . Like a Weaon R filter, I almost killed my engine. It had no air coming in the filter. It was to thick and it really didn't work well. With other imitation filters, i won't waste the money. Just get a genuine K&N and see a great change.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Stick to the stock gentlemen. Stick to the stock.

Vrrm Vrrrm

·
Registered
302 Posts
Ian , your kidding :? ..... right ?
Stick to stock paper filters :shock: :D :D

Even with a stock shaped K&N in my airbox , there's a
differance . :wink:
I've been using K&N's since I've been old enough to drive .
Every motorcycle and car I've owned has been K & N equipped .

·
Registered
423 Posts
Got to agree with you ccaddy, I had a stock shaped K/N filter in my Rav before I replaced it with a CAi K/N , and you could certainly notice the difference between the OME and the K/N one. The K/N replacement was far superior to the OME.
Clare

·
Registered
302 Posts
Well this 45 ish "young timer" knows that every little bit helps .
Besides , if you keep the Rav long enough , the K&N pays for itself .
Have you priced a stock air filter lately ? :shock:

·
Registered
779 Posts
OK OK OK. For the record I am running a K&N panel filter and I agree that the RAV runs a little better than with the paper original. But I feel guilty, and feel especially bad when I see you guys fitting pod filters and funny intakes made out of bits of garden hose, old toilet rolls and double-sided sticky tape.

First, I remain convinced that paper is better at capturing little bits of dust.

Second, my original was a Denso and I just like Denso stuff.

Third, Toyota really build cars well. When we mod them, we risk ruining their work and creating a monser that goes fast but breaks down.

One day we'll find ourselves on the hard shoulder as an older, slower stock model rolls on past. Live fast, die young.

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ian g said:
Third, Toyota really build cars well. When we mod them, we risk ruining their work and creating a monser that goes fast but breaks down.

One day we'll find ourselves on the hard shoulder as an older, slower stock model rolls on past. Live fast, die young.
Yea, but on the way, isn't it fun. :lol:

Besides, with the durability and reliability of the Toyota engine, I think we all will be still having fun in 10 years. My engine has many mods, but I still haven't changed its timing and nothing inside the engine! My next step is a turbo kit without a doubt. It will just fit fine with all the other mods it already has.

BTW, Andrew and I had this same conversation, five years ago. "Where will we be in ten years". Five have already gone by. :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts