Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the rear seats once and they seemed pretty stiff. I couldn't imagine a long ride sitting in one.

I was wondering what you new RAV4 owners think about the rear seats?
Have you had any complaints from passengers?

Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
654 Posts
Actually, I've taken a few people on rides and those who sat in the back seat have all said it was comfortable and very roomy. They liked the fact that it reclines, too. Several of them said comfort was by far better than the CRV.

I guess it depends on what other cars you're comparing to. I think it's more comfortable than any of the Honda Civics, CRVs, E and Nissan Xterra. The Forrester was actually pretty comfortable.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
puttputt said:
Actually, I've taken a few people on rides and those who sat in the back seat have all said it was comfortable and very roomy. They liked the fact that it reclines, too. Several of them said comfort was by far better than the CRV.

I guess it depends on what other cars you're comparing to. I think it's more comfortable than any of the Honda Civics, CRVs, E and Nissan Xterra. The Forrester was actually pretty comfortable.
The leg space is great and the reclining also.

We road in a highlander and the backseats were very comfortable.

I will have to try the RAV4 backseats again as the last time the headrests were all the way down and that was probably distracting.
Thanks,
Ken

·
Registered
654 Posts
I think you're right. I recall the Highlander being very comfortable. But then again, I consider it a higher end SUV than RAV4. I had actually considered the Highlander as a fall back if I (for some odd reason) didn't like the way the 06 RAV drove. But that was all a mute point in the end.

Considering how stiff my old '88 Honda Civic wagon seats were, a wood plank with some 1/4" foam would have been more comfortable.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Frand and Carol. :D

PS: I'm starting to see these things daily in SoCal.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts