Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every time you drive, your car's engine will most likely have the maximum concentration of parts interacting against each other. Friction is generated by the persistent and repetitive movement of these surfaces, creating heat that lowers efficiency and over time damages the material.

Additionally, small particles of metal from these surfaces can fall loose and become pollutants, causing the engine to malfunction. Motor oil help prevent these bad effects, therefore it needs changing on a regular basis to ensure that your engine gets the most out of it.

Many novice drivers are scared by the thought of having the first oil change, which they perceive to be monumental in scope and expense. The truth is that having the car's engine oil changed shouldn't take long. It should take about half to one hour to replace the lubrication as needed.

For brand-new autos that are still under warranty, their standard procedure is to have oil changes at the dealership included in the vehicle's routine maintenance. Of course, the service bay is used for more than just draining out and refilling oil in the engine. Also, keep in mind that there are always other customers getting car service as well, so it may take a little longer, perhaps two hours.

If you want a less expensive option, you may frequently have your vehicle serviced at a gas station or an outside auto shop. These, like other dealerships, have hydraulic lifts assisting mechanics to get to the car’s oil pan. To speed up the process, some facilities employ compressed air in order to drive more old oil down the drain.

Oil changes can be done at your home, whether you do it yourself or hire a professional. This provides you complete control over the procedure, especially when performed by a qualified technician, but some creativity may be necessary, such as using jacks instead of a hydraulic lift. Additionally, the owner have the responsibility to dispose of the used oil and filter.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Been changing my own oil, and making many other repairs for over 40 years. I will do it until I can do it no more.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts