Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am getting the runaround from my salesman, when I paid my deposit and signed the contract for the dealer to do an "A Trade" for the model I want he said it should take about 2 to 3 weeks, now after 2 1/2 weeks he tells me that no transaction has happened yet (no other dealer would let loose of one) and cannot say for sure when.

I am considering doing a factory order now and before I go to them does anyone else know how long that will take to come across the pond to me?

Thanks

R

·
0 Posts
I ordered mine 2 weeks ago I was told 6-8 weeks. It may vary from dealer to dealer though so to be sure, you should ask yours.

C

·
0 Posts
I have approached several dealers in the Los Angeles,CA area (Orange County actually). Most said that they can't or won't order a RAV4 from the factory - said "Toyota does not do factory orders anymore" ( I want a V6, 4X4, Limited in a specific color and with leather).

Whats the deal?. Am I getting the run around?.

One dealer said they could not order but could "preference". ANybody know what that means?.

Finally found a dealer who would take an order, but said they didn't want or need a deposit. I arranged all this over the phone and via email. I'm slightly suspicious as I assume they could sell the car out from under me, when it comes in and before I get to it. We agreed on ~$1500 over invoice, which seems fair.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Not to say you don't have a contract, just the one you have is going to be harder to prove. Like you say he could sell it out from under you. I'd be suspicious too. You might want to get a copy of the dealers Locate Request, which should be signed or initialed by the GM or some other functionary. The deposit is not going to guarentee your exact car, just $1,500. over invoice on the car they "locate" for you.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Seems like all the Toyo dealers are requesting a non refundable deposit for the leather..

Pick a reputable dealer and shoot for a price LOWER than that $1,500 over invoice!... Because if you settle for that they are making about a $2100 profit on you.. In my book that is way too much even if it is a V6.. Especially if the vehicle isn't even ON the lot..

And yes.. your lookin at 6-8 weeks if they need to order it.. :( I am still waiting for mine..

Good luck and don't take any BS!.. :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ordered my V6 Limited on 12/28/05. The actual order (preference) didn't go out till 01/06/06 Notified today my car was in today. I'm picking it up tomorrow. Three weeks ago he told me it wasn't going to be in at least till the 24th. Boat musta had good tail winds. Or maybe there called stern winds?

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I was going to call them back tomorrow to order one from the factory but instead the salesman called me today and said they found one that has not left Japan yet, and it should arrive around Tax Day.

It is my second color choice of Everglade, V6 4WD Limited with JBL upgrade.

I wanted factory installed Secuity upgrade but that is even more rare.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts