Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the problem. I am thinking about it personally. Also because of other problems with the car such as panel gap and alignment issues, dead battery, and brake noises.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I don't imagine many are pursuing this because of all the obstacles. I have only read of one success case; the rest have been rejections through arbitration. I am not saying a buyback is not justified but given the amount of work for the low chance of success, I think most people wouldn't even bother.

·
Registered
326 Posts
This forum has become a "go to place on the Internets" for my Safari.

It used to occupy that station for information.

It is now entertainment, sometimes rivaling Amazon Prime and Netflix.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't imagine many are pursuing this because of all the obstacles. I have only read of one success case; the rest have been rejections through arbitration. I am not saying a buyback is not justified but given the amount of work for the low chance of success, I think most people wouldn't even bother.
This is why you get a lemon lawyer and let him/her do the hard work. Their share depends on winning the lawsuit against a car manufacturer. In fact, I should call up one to see if I have a case.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
How many are trying to whip up a frenzy over what is to most a minor annoyance? How many threads on the same subject can they create?
Like any forum, there are those who seem to be here just to stir pots.
I started the first (now closed) fuel tank fill thread to find out if others were experiencing the problem and what they were doing to “fix” said problem. I’m still trying to see this fixed and if raising the awareness of the problem is considered “whipping up a frenzy”, so be it. I used to expect a lot from Toyota but have lost a lot of confidence in the brand over the last few years. All you have to do is look around this forum to see a variety of problems with the 5th Gen Rav. What constitutes “minor annoyances” is in the eyes of the beholder. It’s -30 (wind chill) today in the midwest and I’m sure glad I don't need to add gas today.
Many of the folks who have responded in these threads have done it only to whip up frenzied support for Toyota vs the consumer.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like any forum, there are those who seem to be here just to stir pots.
I started the first (now closed) fuel tank fill thread to find out if others were experiencing the problem and what they were doing to “fix” said problem. I’m still trying to see this fixed and if raising the awareness of the problem is considered “whipping up a frenzy”, so be it. I used to expect a lot from Toyota but have lost a lot of confidence in the brand over the last few years. All you have to do is look around this forum to see a variety of problems with the 5th Gen Rav. What constitutes “minor annoyances” is in the eyes of the beholder. It’s -30 (wind chill) today in the midwest and I’m sure glad I don't need to add gas today.
Many of the folks who have responded in these threads have done it only to whip up frenzied support for Toyota vs the consumer.
To me the fuel tank issue is news for me. Had I not read about the class action lawsuit, then I would not known about it. I am sure some on this forum are tired of these discussions. I suggest they put me on their ignore list. My intention was not to stir the pot, but have an open discussion, get a head count. But then there are the few that have nothing to contribute, but talk down on people.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
To me the fuel tank issue is news for me. Had I not read about the class action lawsuit, then I would not known about it. I am sure some on this forum are tired of these discussions. I suggest they put me on their ignore list. My intention was not to stir the pot, but have an open discussion, get a head count. But then there are the few that have nothing to contribute, but talk down on people.
Totally agree. If anyone is tired of this topic they are more than welcome to not read about it.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Why cant people search and pin their posts to the existing threads. Like @mikefocke said, how many threads are necessary? We have TONS of discussion about all these topics and yet people seem to need their own personal thread to debate it. That clutters the forum and makes finding good information (versus the rehash of the 100th time) harder.

I get that people are not happy that the launch didn't go smoother (Hey, I am in the same bucket as you other owners) but there are already enough threads about value, fuel tank, battery, engine, transmission...etc. Courtesy indicates to follow along with other threads.

·
Registered
653 Posts
What I find interesting is that some forum members find the fueling problem to be only a "minor annoyance" yet they continue to post about it. And then they complain when others disagree. Maybe to them it is a minor annoyance but to me it definitely is not. I don't bother getting involved with threads that don't have meaning to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I do not own a RAV4, but was considering one, along with several others.

This thread seems a "lot about nothing." Will someone tell me .... how big is the problem? Can the tank only be filled 50%; 70%, 90%? Costco has signs asking you not to "top off" the tank.

I read threads on several different cars that I am considering. They are all the same. Rarely do I read positive comments. If I based buying a new vehicles on the owner comments I've read, .... I'm not sure I want to puchase ANY new vehicle.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
There are four or five different threads on this page alone discussing the issue in one form or another. There is a problem and many different takes on where the issue sits. Some versions of the problem are more severe than others.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I yet to find out if I have a problem or not. My first fill is not over yet.

If I find out I have a problem, I certainly report and demand a fix or compensation for not meeting what was promised. Can I live with it, of course. Am I going to ask Toyota to buy back my vehicle? No. However I paid hefty money and Toyota agreed to deliver specifications for that money. I am willing to get some money back to live with the problem if that is possible at all. I guess this means that I will join class action lawsuit if I find I have a problem.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I do not own a RAV4, but was considering one, along with several others.

This thread seems a "lot about nothing." Will someone tell me .... how big is the problem? Can the tank only be filled 50%; 70%, 90%? Costco has signs asking you not to "top off" the tank.

I read threads on several different cars that I am considering. They are all the same. Rarely do I read positive comments. If I based buying a new vehicles on the owner comments I've read, .... I'm not sure I want to puchase ANY new vehicle.
It's a problem for some and a minor annoyance to others. The tank probably works 70%-80% of how it should. If one lives in a city or suburbia where gas stations are plentiful then it might not be a problem. If one lives or travels in rural or remote areas, then range can be more important. I am among the latter. Regardless, I still want my new vehicle to work 100% of the way it should.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the fuel tank issue and needed new struts at 10k miles ?, I'm so done with Toyota. They have far too many recalls

1 - 20 of 28 Posts