Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I am just bored here at the office, just curious how many of you here? Does Male drive this beauty as well.? Sorry guys, this is just my opinion don't get offended please. I think Rav4 is too girly for man to drive it. Just the size makes it looks like Toyotas target market are most females. I have seen this big dude driving around my neighbor the other day it's just don't look right.

Anyway, back to your regular schedule forum. :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
ooo...you just stuck your feet in mud my friend...good luck for the responses....

I am a guy, a man, one who has balls and a d*** driving a RAV, by the way..

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
pyxy_567 said:
ooo...you just stuck your feet in mud my friend...good luck for the responses....

I am a guy, a man, one who has balls and a d*** driving a RAV, by the way..
lol! good for you dude, as long as you are comfortable driving it that's all that matter I guess, but that don't change anything for me that Rav4 is too girly,(nice ride though, very comfy and can you say gas saver). enjoy!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nouse4aname said:
The RAV's my wife's. While I don't mind driving it on occasion I don't think I have enough soccer mom in me to drive a cute ute full time..heh.
i don't mind drrving my wifeys rav as well..

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure whether they're simply driving their wife's, girlfriend's or sister's RAV4, or simply driving their own, but I've seen a LOT more "macho"-type guys driving RAV4s in Vancouver these days. Perhaps the recent high gas prices are finally taking a toll on the correlation between "macho" and full-size SUVs.

Me? I drive a RAV4 because of Toyota's unbeatable quality, decent performance (though this is no 4.7L V8 i-Force) and the RAV4's balance between utility and compact.

Masculinity vs. femininity with automobiles? I think it's all in the eye of the believer. Is this just a self-fulfilling prophecy because I am a guy who drives a RAV4? OK, just look around the block, and see who else can drive with 10.5L/100Km (22.5 MPG) fuel efficiency in the city, fit two bikes in the back (with back seats taken out, of course) and luggage for a two-week road-trip, parallel park in the most impossible spots in downtown on a busy Saturday night, and not have to worry about costly repairs every three months - all with the SAME vehicle. The only ones who come close are the ones with CR-Vs and Elements.

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Mohit said:
theres always a bored firestarter lurking about the forums :roll:
Yep, that must be it...

Because I've owned not one, but two RAV4's... a 1997 and currently a 2001... seriously thinking of a shiny new 2006 V6.

Not Mr. Macho, but I certainly do prefer women! 8)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mohit said:
theres always a bored firestarter lurking about the forums :roll:
lol1not trying to start a flame war here bud, I am just curious. Did I hurt your feelings or what. I still think Rav4 is a chick car, I am just speaking for myself so guys don't feel offended. Love yall!

·
Registered
682 Posts
takes more than that to hurt my fellings, but from the way you keep repeating the fact that you dont like ravs sounds like you are trying to start something or convince us that the rav is a girls car.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Jasper I am just curious why you think it’s a chick car?
Because it’s a well balanced design? Maybe it’s the size.
I have not seen one in Pink so that can’t be it :roll:

As for the Design. Men all around the world like good-looking designer items whether it be casual or elegant. Do you think Pdiddy is Girly?
Then again there are also men who don’t care for looks and may not shave and wear whatever fits.
I think some women may not find this so,,, appealing :?

As for size. Yes, it is more Macho to drive a Ford Explorer, Slapping those dollar bills for gas, saying to the world, “Move over I’m a Big spender” not to mention polluter.

Lastly, I believe that you said you have a 300 Z. Do you think some Men think that is a bit Girly? I have seen many women driving the 90’s model.

Cheers,

Walt

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
mionee67 said:
As for the Design. Men all around the world like good-looking designer items whether it be casual or elegant. Do you think Pdiddy is Girly?
A metrosexual who calls himself 'diddy' and designs and sells clothing? Absolutely.

As for size. Yes, it is more Macho to drive a Ford Explorer,
Actually the Explorer is the most popular SUV among women.

An awful lot of women drive SUVs in general. You even see more women driving Hummers than men.

According to Steven Sturm, Toyota's vice-president of marketing, more women have been buying all types of trucks. While pickup trucks are still marketed toward men, Toyota markets some SUVs toward women because the vehicles appeal to them. They include the RAV4 and Highlander.
-(Washington Times, 2002)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts