Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m curious to know if I’m getting a good miles per kWh. when running in all electric mode, the center info area of the dash you can set to display your average miles per kWh. I’m averaging up to 3.0 miles. Is that good? What is everyone else getting?

·
Registered
RAV4 Prime SE
20 Posts
In town I can get into the 4's. For a mix of highway/town driving I'm getting 3.0 to 3.5.
Does anyone know a way to get the instantaneous m/kWh readout? (besides just clearing the readout over and over)

·
Registered
59 Posts
In town I can get into the 4's. For a mix of highway/town driving I'm getting 3.0 to 3.5.
Does anyone know a way to get the instantaneous m/kWh readout? (besides just clearing the readout over and over)
There is an instant MPG indicator but it is hard to read. It's the little dial slightly left of center.
The White block indicates the Average and is steady the light blue varying bar to the left of it is the instant reading, but due to the scale used it is next to useless. IMHO they should have picked 4.0 as mid-scale and just max out at 8 instead of the current max of 20 or so, making your actuals just tiny blibs.

Driving sedately, wit an occasional punch, I'm averaging 3.2 - 3.4 Miles/Kwh over 2000 miles.
That's fine but not great. Our Leaf does better at just under 4.0 Miles/Kwh.
Fun fact: My Zero all Electric motor cycle can do 8 miles/KW, but as I punch that all the time I'm closet to 5.
People ask all the time: how far do you get on a charge? I tell them 80 miles at 40 Mph if I behave, and 40 miles at 80 Mph which is the commuting speed. I opted for the smallest 8Kwh battery which satisfied a docile commute both ways but required a charge at the office for a spirited commute.

·
Registered
59 Posts
In the colder weather with winter tires on (and living in a hilly area), I had a long term average of 2.7 mi/kWh. I reset it after I put the all season tires back on about a month ago and the weather has been much more moderate, giving me a long term average of 3.2 mi/kWh.

·
Registered
RAV4 Prime SE
20 Posts
I tell them 80 miles at 40 Mph if I behave, and 40 miles at 80 Mph which is the commuting speed.
Do you really get 40 miles at 80 mph? I don't think I would get that and I am driving at less than 80 highway. But my highway time isn't that long (5-10 miles?), maybe that is the problem.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Do you really get 40 miles at 80 mph? I don't think I would get that and I am driving at less than 80 highway. But my highway time isn't that long (5-10 miles?), maybe that is the problem.
Sorry for being "that guy" but wanted to make sure for clarity sake, he was not talking about his prime on that statement but about his Electric Motorcycle.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well you are talking about range. Here is my consumption. 16 000 km driven. Cumulativ elektric has just dropped to 21,1 kWh/100 km and its getting down quit fast now. Total gas 2,0 L/100 km as you can see, is almost just winter quarters. Last 3 months that is 0,6 L/100 km.
The best range driven ever was 16,0 kWh/100 km after 91,8 km EV pure driving. The worst one was 28,x kWh/100 km -13 degrees pure EV. (Dont remember exactly anymore).
And lets make conversions
16,0 kWh/100km = 3.88357 mi/kWh
21.1 kWh/100km = 2.944887 mi/kWh (my cumulative)
28.5 kWh/100km = 2.18025 mi/kWh (my worstcone)

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I be.dive the instantaneous readout is the curved meter the appears above left of the mile per kWh number. The meter goes from 0 to a max of 20. Thats the only place I have seen anything like an instant reading.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well you are talking about range. Here is my consumption. 16 000 km driven. Cumulativ elektric has just dropped to 21,1 kWh/100 km and its getting down quit fast now. Total gas 2,0 L/100 km as you can see, is almost just winter quarters. Last 3 months that is 0,6 L/100 km.
The best range driven ever was 16,0 kWh/100 km after 91,8 km EV pure driving. The worst one was 28,x kWh/100 km -13 degrees pure EV. (Dont remember exactly anymore).
And lets make conversions
16,0 kWh/100km = 3.88357 mi/kWh
21.1 kWh/100km = 2.944887 mi/kWh (my cumulative)
28.5 kWh/100km = 2.18025 mi/kWh (my worstcone)
I'm also sitting at about 20.9 kWh/100km cumulative average at the moment...and dropping fast

·
Registered
75 Posts
I get around 2.7 mi/kWh. I'm testing with my Yakima Jetstream crossbars for this week getting around 2.5 mi/kWh with crossbars on.

My commute is about 13 miles one way averaging 65 mph with stoplights.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm also sitting at about 20.9 kWh/100km cumulative average at the moment...and dropping fast
Nice to hear about same kind of consumption numbers. I think we are going to have that average dropping under that 20 kWh/100 km and that is wery good numbers for quite big and powerfull vehicle. I dont understand at all that thinking ml/kWh numbers and to me it sounds like ” how much hot dog you can have with A dollar” talk. So I just use that kWh/100 ml or kWh/100 km. Tesla language is Wh/ml or Wh/km. KWh/100 ml or km is the easiest way to convert every drivings to dollars or rubles.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts