Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Has your RAV4 Gen 5 experienced a roof leak?

• Nope.

Votes: 156 91.2%
  • Yep.

Votes: 15 8.8%
101 - 113 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
In my cars case high roof didn’t leak during pressure sowers. It was the drizzling rain that penetrated the roof. Fixed after tsb applied.
Where I live roof leaks only in the winter when water is standing . Others seasons when it flows my roof in my apt doesn’t leak. Maybe the same principal.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
In my cars case high roof didn’t leak during pressure sowers. It was the drizzling rain that penetrated the roof. Fixed after tsb applied.
Where I live roof leaks only in the winter when water is standing . Others seasons when it flows my roof in my apt doesn’t leak. Maybe the same principal.
Which TSB are you referring to please?

·
Registered
990 Posts
If you have a roof leak and you are under 36k miles just go to a dealer and they will fix it under warranty
Is that what you did?

What is the repair process?

There are literally multiple holes in the recessed rail on the front and back that effectively act as drains

Its a design flaw so I'm curious how your dealer fixed it

·
Registered
460 Posts
My roof leak is at the top of the rear top stop light.It only leaks after a car wash.Can not find it.

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
My roof leak is at the top of the rear top stop light.It only leaks after a car wash.Can not find it.
But you self-installed a rear camera and then you tried caulking it etc. I wouldn't necessarily blame Toyota for this.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Fingers crossed but mine has been as waterproof as a duck's ass. And it is constantly raining here, often torrential. Car has also been parked at every conceivable angle on our steep, with camber, driveway. Nothing is getting in.

No roof rack or mounts fitted.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

101 - 113 of 113 Posts