Votes: 15 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
It kills me to the core when I hear people say I got (paid) for the extended warranty to get the free oil changes and maintenance, when in reality all you did is pay for the oil changes and tire rotations up front. There is virtually zero other maintenance done during the first 3/36. My .02 Msg me for the contact info of the lowest price I found anywhere and still didn't buy.
That's true mate, especially when they try to calculate their maintenance by emotions, but not by logic. The guy mentioned ~$500 CAD for 4 first services (he assumed that, he didn't check the cost). I didn't buy any extended warranty and paid $260 CAD for 4 services (2 oil changes).

The concept of extended warranty is based of people's fear that something bad will happen. You buy a car from the brand that is suppose to be reliable. There are other brands that aren't reliable or aren't as reliable as Toyota and yes you need an extended warranty there. But what kind of logic is this to buy a crappy unreliable car to have problems with it and then to pay extra for the extended warranty? Why to support them in this case?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I had 2012 Venza and the wheel bearing went bad, the extended warranty took care of it. I continue to buy extended warranty on this Rav4h, it got more tech/electronics items than Venza. Piece of mind.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Since my husband is inheriting my 2020 RAV4 Hybrid Limited in 4 years, we opted for the extended warranty this time around... Increased the "bumper-to-bumper" warranty to 10 years. No deductible, free car rentals, etc. Paid $1,700 for it, but good for peace of mind I guess.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I don't think that an extended warranty is a bad idea.

I do think:
1. That you should not finance it.
2. That you should shop separately for it. You can often do much better.
3. That you should buy it towards the end of your bumper to bumper manufacturer's warranty period, not when you buy the car. Why give them free money for so long.
4. That you should make sure your local dealer will accept the warranty if you buy anything other than a Toyota Platinum Warranty if in the US.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts