Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've owned our 06 Rav for two weeks now and it's the only one we've ever seen. Living a fairly large metro area with 4 Toyota dealerships with 40 miles, I thought we would see a bunch of them. The dealerships can't keep them on the lot. I've not seen one on a lot or on the road. The dealership we bought ours from drove 250 miles to trade another dealer for it.

Obviously, production is not keeping up with demand, but I sure would like to see some of the other colors in real life.

Just wondering if anyone else is seeing them.

Thanks
James

R

·
0 Posts
616269799 said:
Obviously, production is not keeping up with demand
There have been 23 RAV4's on three dealer lots near me in the past two weeks. Only 7 have sold in the last week. That leaves 16 still around to look at, to test drive, and to assess the colors.

I don't see any on the road but I don't see a proplem with supply either.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RAV4HER said:
616269799 said:
Obviously, production is not keeping up with demand
There have been 23 RAV4's on three dealer lots near me in the past two weeks. Only 7 have sold in the last week. That leaves 16 still around to look at, to test drive, and to assess the colors.
Maybe I should restate my original post. "Distribution is not keeping up with demand in this area."

James

R

·
0 Posts
Yeah, we all tend to over-dramatize to make a point. You should have seen the replies when I said our 4-cylinder was a gas hog!

Our dealer NEVER had an L package everglade metallic on the lot.
They had to do a trade as well; so our baby had 300 miles on the odo to start :cry:

·
Registered
271 Posts
I can see more Rav4 on the road nowadays compared to last week. Last weekend, I went to two CostCos in DFW metroplex and twice another Rav4 parked next to mine. I purposely parked mine far from the usual parking space and yet they could find our 4.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I've seen about 4 new RAV's here at our university over the last month or so. Most Toyota dealers in the Houston area can't keep them in stock. We were extremely lucky to find exactly what we wanted.

K

·
0 Posts
I've seen a total of 7 since I started shopping for a RAV4 (mid March). We must have a dozen Toyota dealerships in the 20 mile radius (SF Bay Area). So they are still pretty rare on the road.

K

·
0 Posts
Supply here in Socal is horrible. Most dealers have only a few, all silver or white.
I have seen more FJ's on the road than Rav4's.

J

·
0 Posts
Not many on dealer lots in the Seattle area. I have yet to see a 2006 on the road - except for mine :lol:

2006 RAV4 LTD 4X4 (Pacific Blue)

J

·
0 Posts
I've only seen 2 or 3 on the road. They are still very rare around the area I live. In fact, I don't think there's any RAV4 in my neighborhood other than ours.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts