Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine is the 2009 Limited V6. I drained the pan, then took off the cover, took off the filter, cleaned the pan, put a new filter, put the gasket on the pan put the cover back on. I only had 4 quarts of W-2. Is that enough? Also, I snapped one of the bolts of those twenty or so holding the pan on. I super glued a penny over that spot. Will it leak?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
a drain and refill is about 3.5 / 4 quarts... and then there is another 4/5 quarts in the torque converter.

don't know if it will leak, it's not under pressure so you might get away with it...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a drain and refill is about 3.5 / 4 quarts... and then there is another 4/5 quarts in the torque converter.

don't know if it will leak, it's not under pressure so you might get away with it...
So I need to add another 4 quarts?

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
You just need 4 quarts. The fluid in the torque converter you can not get out unless you flush it out. Another reason why I do a return line flush after dropping the pan which gets all the dirty fluid out.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You just need 4 quarts. The fluid in the torque converter you can not get out unless you flush it out. Another reason why I do a return line flush after dropping the pan which gets all the dirty fluid out.
I ordered another quart from Amazon. When I checked today it was a hair above the cold line and that was after driving for a while and with the engine on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts