MSRP discount

• No discount - I paid over MSRP

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 194 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another poll to help me make an informed purchase. If you got a great deal, how did you do it?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I dont know I think we got more than 1k off msrp

28.2k before ttl on a limited v6 4x4 with package a and leather

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got 1055.00 off MSRP on a loaded Rav4 4x4 v6 (No dvd ent system & no third row). It had to be ordered as only a select few dealers have this vehicle in stock. Had to pit 3 dealers against each other and order it. They did not want to haggle willingly at all.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Need a choice of > $1500. Got $2400 off MSRP. I'll have to wait a month to get it though.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did not vote because there is no >$1500 option. To be precise, I received $2033 off of MSRP. I had to wait 3 days for my V6 Limited 4x4 with leather.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmm. I forgot to add the >$1500 disount option and the option cannot be added after the poll is started.

·
Registered
379 Posts
SloopG you need to consider a new poll V6 vs. I4. The dealers are giving very aggressive, discounts of $2000. plus now on the I4. The real meat, where the rubber meets the road will be in the discounts on the V6. True, results may be scewed a little beacuse there are not many V6's are out yet.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You are sort of comparing apples and bananas. :) Some people got more of a discount than some Rav's even have available.

Markup ranges from $1500 - $2600 or so depending on the add ons and trim level.

A person on a Base receiving $1000 off MSRP and a person on a LTD receiving $1000 off MSRP did not get the same deal because there is more markup in the LTD.

Does this make sense?

·
Registered
379 Posts
IMHO. Yeah I agree Kristi, BUT. Right now today the V6 is the hot item. Whether the guy purchases the base, sport or the ltd. The dealers know the V6 is where the money is.

·
Registered
379 Posts
P.S. Yesterday I called my dealer to see if any V6's were in, just to take the 6 for a quick spin around the block. He said yes there here and gone, on the ground long enough to be washed and gased. Like the cunsumer got a discount. RIGHT. :D

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oops sorry inlets... I meant that post to be for sloop! I guess we were writing in unison. :D

You are right about the V6.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I paid $2510 below MSRP including the options. I saved $1830 on the vehicle since I paid $500 over invoice, and then I saved $680 on options since I only paid invoice price on those.

I got a V6 Limited 4x4. It's still on order.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't fit into any of the catagories.. I got about $2,000 off MSRP.

I PAYED $419 OVER INVOICE..

06 Limited 4X4 4cyl.
Leather Seats
Heated Seats
Side/Curtain Airbags
Carpeted floor/cargo Mat

$25,800 not including taxes or license fee..

·
Registered
229 Posts
I don't fit into any of the catagories.. I got about $2,000 off MSRP.

I PAYED $419 OVER INVOICE..

06 Limited 4X4 4cyl.
Leather Seats
Heated Seats
Side/Curtain Airbags
Carpeted floor/cargo Mat

$25,800 not including taxes or license fee..

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are most of the big discounts from the east coast? Has anyone in the west gotten or heard of discounting of $1000 or more?

SloopG

·
Registered
240 Posts
I think it would be helpful to seperate the 4 cyl vs. 6 cyl models. Also if we can add more tiers to reflect larger discounts.

That said, our Limited 4X4 V6 was $1800 off MSRP.

1 - 20 of 194 Posts