Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The color I really want will cost me an extra $308 to have it shipped across state and for some higher fees they have downstate. How important is color to you? Will I really care two years from now that I have black instead of Everglade?
Or will it haunt me every night as I drift off to sleep? Thanks for your opinions.....

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But tell me this seriousblack....would you have picked black if they offered Gryffindor Gold? :wink:

·
Registered
652 Posts
My theory is after paying > $20,000. you should get the color and options you want. You're not buying a pair of sneakers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I turned down a Limited V6 with leather at an absolute steal of a price at $26,700K because I knew the taupe leather and black exterior would haunt me every time I got in it. Didn't have the JBL either, but had just about everything else short of the DVD player. Nothing wrong with that color combination, but it just wasn't "me." Ended up getting exactly what I wanted at $28,200, so in a way I paid an extra $1500 just to get my color choice. I don't regret it for a second.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had to have Nautical Blue with a Taupe Interior with/without leather, so I shipped one clear across the US (VA->CA) for $1200. I had turned down a N. Blue with Gray interior a month ago (CarsDirect). I'd say get the color you want!

-CalKiwi

·
Registered
363 Posts
I told the saleman I will take anything but black, white or pearl with my options, got the everglade and I am happy with it.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pick your color

I recently ordered my Rav4. I gave the dealer 2 exterior color choices, Nautical blue or black. That way by the time I am ready to pick up my car I am more likely to have what I would be happy with.(I have to wait until beginning of July to get my Rav due to a CD maturing that I want to use for a down payment) Therefore if you feel that you would be happy with either Everglade or black go for it. But if the only color that appeals to you is Everglade then wait for what you know you will end up being happy with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts