Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the stock radio with the Scion 6-cd changer. I would like to now change the stock speakers. How do you remove the door panels ? :)

·
Premium Member
3,348 Posts
1.) Click on LINKS at the top of the page. (If you don't see LINKS... click on Forums first.)

2.) Click on STEREOS & ALARMS in the index.

3.) Click on 2001+ Speaker Installation - by Scott Cummings

4.) Have fun! 8)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I managed to get three of the speakers done, But can’t figure out to disconnect power window switch on the drivers door. Any suggestions?

W

·
0 Posts
hmm....i just used the factory speaker adaptor. works well, especially with a speaker baffle !!

But im' stuck with the driver door control panel as well....I cant pry it out!! The passenger side come off easily. By prying the top of the panel, I can already stick my fingers in the gap..but it doesn't come off!! why?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I am sure you forgot to remove a screw somewhere, happens all the time, just go over the door panel inch by inch until you find it. Do you recommend installing a baffle for each speaker? If it is that important, why don't manufacturers install them as a standard?

W

·
0 Posts
Well, that adds into their cost as well. It's not necessary, but this option is good to have. It does reduce the rumble when you turn up the bass, and it certainly separates the speaker from the water completely. The factory RAV4 speaker adaptor shield the factory speaker from the water dripping, but with the aftermarket speakers, sometimes these have deeper installation depth. I guess the factory adpator won't be good enough.

I feel safe to leave my speaker in a foam cup =D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts