Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was browing the net and suddenly my friend sent me links from ebay's "other stuff" category, and came across very unusual things. Like this:

A snowball from South Texas from Xmas 2004. Bid is for $249,999, and the buyer will not get a refund if the snow melts during shipping...um...HOW RIDICULOUS!!!

Next we have...

...the human punching bag! Auction beginning at $20K plus $500 shipping. The winner gets 8 whole hours of punching! With that face, I would really want to punch him, and also for putting this auction on ebay...um...again...HOW RIDICULOUS!!!

I thought it would be funny to post these things here :D. If you find something else that is as stupid or even worse, please feel free to do so, hehe. There...the laugh of the hour :D

Miriam

P.S. Thanks to DJ Sueno, who helped me with the pics issue :wink:

·
Super Moderator
1,554 Posts
Glad I could help Miriam....

Yea, a friend told me about the snow... I thought that was entertaining.... Ebay doesn't monitor a lot of the auctions like they should..... there have been worse things in the news about stuff that was trying to be sold on ebay....

·
Registered
986 Posts
The sad fact you have to realize is that the stuff on eBay wouldn't be on eBay if no one bought it. Supply and demand at it's finest...

Case in point- the grilled cheese sandwich that looked like the Virgin Mary.

J

·
0 Posts
a girl tried to sell herself a year or so ago. the bid went up to a couple million. Well ebay caught it and shut her down. It voids their policy if you sell humans.

^^

·
Registered
986 Posts
Remember last year that guy from England (I think) who tried to sell his virginity on eBay?

I just hate when I search for Rav4 stuff and all that junk like stickers, keys and watches come up.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Yeah, if you just search for Rav4 only , you have to wade thru all the misc crap that you might not want. When you do a more specific search, you could be losing out on finding a gem cause it wasn't in your search criteria. Which reminds me that I haven't checked there for a few weeks. Might as well see if there are any toys for my Rav that I'd be interested in.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Kryten said:
...Here's the search string I use on ebay, it works pretty good and filters out quite a bit of crap:

(rav4, "rav 4", 2az) -(chrome, chip, remote, gas, exhaust, emblem, decal, alarm, corolla, celica, yaris, echo)
Great search string! Thanks for posting it! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts