Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After viewing hidden menu on Hybrid, I wanted to get this going on my 2020 RAV4 LE. I have a computer and electronics background; this is right up my alley. Here's what works on my car:

1. Key in the ignition to "On", but don't start the engine.
2. Power / Volume to "Off"
3. Menu --> Display --> Screen off
4. "Seek >" (press 5 times) *
5. "<Track" (press 5 times) *

* If this doesn't work, try swiping the screen 5 times in each direction as described in this post below.

After a second or so, the Service Menu appears. You're in. Here's the top-level menu:

The service menu will stay on when you start the car so you can watch your car's status in real-time. Alternatively, you can enter service mode with the engine running (steps 2 through 5 above).

You can monitor your car's battery voltage and basic telemetry in real-time here. Function Check / Setting --> Vehicle Signal Check Mode

Battery: Battery voltage
IG: Ignition (On / Off)
PKB: Parking Brake (On / Off)
REV: Reverse (On / Off)
Speed: Speed in km/h
TAIL: Tail lights (On / Off)
ADIM / TCAN: Dash lighting (Bright / Dim)

Use caution with this mode while driving. I only tested this function in my driveway and was very careful to watch where I was going (not focus on the display). Turn off the engine when you're done, but only turn the key part-way to keep the display on. Watch the battery voltage drop, as the engine is no longer charging the battery.

Failure Diagnosis --> Diagnosis Recorder appears to monitor Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections, but I couldn't get it to capture on any activity.

I did a deep-dive into every menu. Of interest are:

Service Information --> Version Information:

This says my radio was made by Pioneer. CarParam_1 and CarParam_2 look like radio configuration settings, i.e. 1 bit for each settable parameter.

Service Information --> Repro info (vehicle ID info removed):

The Server URL ( http://tscgt19cy01.g-book.com/repro - no response with a web browser) is to Toyota's G-Book.com website. Going through Google translate, I think this is the software supplier for the "On Demand" services. The complete URL for downloading the software is most likely built from the vehicle's ID info. I could be wrong, though, but I would think "Repro" means REPROgramming.

One more detail: The entertainment system is "live" during diagnostics. Pressing various switches for testing will also command the audio (Function Check / Setting 1 --> Panel&Steering Switch).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
You can check your car's clock and location using the GPS Check menu.

Function Check / Setting 1 --> GPS Check:

GPS is one big geometry problem. The more satellites in view, the easier it is to figure out your location. There are about 8 satellites in view at any one time.

Reception number: This isn't a signal strength meter, but a list of satellites that are in view of your car's GPS antenna. I don't know what "P" and "T" stand for. In any case, your car snagged 8 of them (blue) to work with.

Status: OK(3D) - Your car knows exactly where you are in 3D: Latitude, Longitude, and Elevation (height above sea level). A 2D fix would mean Latitude and Longitude only.

Measurement ratio: A metric which tells you the accuracy of the position measurement. IOW, how close your car thinks it is compared to where it really is. There are many ways to measure this, such as Dilution of Precision (comes in several different flavors), Signal-to-Noise Ratio, and Time-To-First-Fix. I don't know what these percentages represent, but the 3D and NG numbers add up to 100%.

Date(GMT: DD/MM/YYYY): The date 21/02/2020 is February 21, 2020. The time is in Greenwich Mean Time (0 deg longitude time zone).

Position: Latitude with 1 second resolution, like N 40° 00' 01'' and Longitude with 1 second resolution, like W 74° 00' 01''.

The Date line is displaying the GPS clock in real-time. Get out your cellphone and go to Time.gov. You can't get any more accurate than this website (over the internet). Hold your cellphone next to the display and note the time is nearly dead on.

The UTC timezone (displayed on the website) is the same time zone as GMT (displayed in the service menu).

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 LE
10 Posts
I tried this on my Rav4 2020 LE AWD and seems not working is there a timing for each steps? because when I press the volume/power its just mute, if I long-press it just turned-off but a few seconds it started, ok so I proceed with step 3 to screen off, but when I press the seek > it just changes the Radio station same as pressing the < Track it just change the radio station but after that nothing happened, screen is still off I waited a little while but no advance menu appears, maybe there is a timing when pressing button or it should be quick.

1. Key in the ignition to "On", but don't start the engine. - ok done
2. Power / Volume to "Off" - single press audio mute, long press turned-off but restarting after 2 seconds
3. Menu --> Display --> Screen off - ok done
4. "Seek >" (press 5 times) - radio station just changing
5. "<Track" (press 5 times) - radio station just changing

·
Registered
2020 RAV4 Hybrid Limited AWD
97 Posts
One can also turn the vehicle on, go to Menu and select display settings in the bottom right corner. From there, select Turn Off Screen. Then, swipe five times to the right on the blank screen and five times left. Service menu should come up. There is a YouTube video showing the process.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I tried this on my Rav4 2020 LE AWD and seems not working is there a timing for each steps?

2. Power / Volume to "Off" - single press audio mute, long press turned-off but restarting after 2 seconds
Here is the YouTube video : Rav4 Hybrid Display cockpit - Mirror display - Hidden menu

Start watching at 2:40. He uses his hand to swipe across the screen 5 times, but pressing the button 5 times (what I do) has the same effect.

Getting into the service menu is made very difficult by intention - you have to follow the steps exactly. I think your long press turn-off is not recognized as one of the steps. You have to tap (single press) the Power / Volume to "Off".

·
Registered
2020 Rav4 LE
10 Posts
Here is the YouTube video : Rav4 Hybrid Display cockpit - Mirror display - Hidden menu

Start watching at 2:40. He uses his hand to swipe across the screen 5 times, but pressing the button 5 times (what I do) has the same effect.

Getting into the service menu is made very difficult by intention - you have to follow the steps exactly. I think your long press turn-off is not recognized as one of the steps. You have to tap (single press) the Power / Volume to "Off".
Thanks, it works when I used the swiping method instead of pressing "Seek >" and "< Track" buttons

·
Registered
12 Posts
I came across a very short (less than a minute) YouTube video which shows a different method to access the service menu. I cannot find it again to post a link here but it works on my 2019 rav4 hybrid LE. Basically instead of pushing buttons or swiping the screens 5 times as described above, you just press and hold the audio button, and turn the headline switch on and off 3 times.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.