Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Limited with the Entune Audio Plus and haven't figured out how to delete some AM/Sirius/FM stations I preset. I've looked in all the manuals and cannot find out how. Anyone know how ? TIA !

·
Premium Member
7,971 Posts
It's on page 84 of the Hybrid Navigation manual. I just deleted my XM presets, hold it long enough and it will revert to the default 001. On FM just hold until it beeps while on the channel you wish to change it to.

To change the preset station to a different
one, select and hold the preset station.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's on page 84 of the Hybrid Navigation manual. I just deleted my XM presets, hold it long enough and it will revert to the default 001. On FM just hold until it beeps while on the channel you wish to change it to.

To change the preset station to a different
one, select and hold the preset station.

I tried to delete some AM presets by holding for over 5 seconds and all it does is save the current station I have on (FM, which is the 1st preset, is that what you meant by default 001 ?). I'm not sure what I am doing wrong ? Any ideas ? Thanks again !

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I know what you mean Olaf. This question has been posted before, once by me. So far no one knows the answer. I don't think there is one. While you can reassign a slot, you can't delete it. I Hate that you can't. If a station changes its format or something you would just want to delete it and have the stations following it all move up a position. But unfortunately you can't.

·
Registered
50 Posts
This is another item in Entune that needs work.

The folks at Toyota customer service told me you cannot delete the preset stations, only override the number with another station.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies.

It's disappointing of Toyota to not have this option. It seems like a very basic function that I've had on other cars. This coupled with the fact that I cannot program a city in the weather app. And that the traffic doesn't automatically show real-time status right away sometimes. And that the whole touchscreen froze one time.

Other than that, it's a great car !

·
Registered
248 Posts
Go into "Systems Settings" on your radio. Once there, you will see a "Default" button. Tap that and it will ask you if you want to revert back to default settings. If you tap yes, all your radio stations will be removed and then you can add which ones you want again. This worked on my Rav4. I have the standard radio that comes with the LE. This is the only way I know how to remove preset stations. Remember, ALL your preset stations will be removed.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
But you are talking about an entire system wipe though right? Not just radio stations.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't know about an entire system wipe. I don't have anything else hooked up through my audio system, just the radio and preset stations. I wanted to delete the stations that the dealer had put on and this was the only way I could do it. I had my Rav in storage for 5 months without the battery in it. When I connected the battery the stations were still set even though the Owners Manuel says they would be erased. Go figure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 2016 XLE and was having the same problems. Once I deleted the drivers settings I was able to rest the preset stations to my choice of stations.
Hope this might help a newer owner.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This is another item in Entune that needs work.

The folks at Toyota customer service told me you cannot delete the preset stations, only override the number with another station.
Seriously? I bought my wife a 2017 Rav4, because Toyota's are well built automobiles. I can not believe an engineer was this stupid. He, or she, should be fired. . .The manual does say the stations can ALL be erased, if you disconnect the battery. . . I will have to try this, because the previous owner plugged in too many Rap and Hip Hop presets.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Seriously? I bought my wife a 2017 Rav4, because Toyota's are well built automobiles. I can not believe an engineer was this stupid. He, or she, should be fired. . .The manual does say the stations can ALL be erased, if you disconnect the battery. . . I will have to try this, because the previous owner plugged in too many Rap and Hip Hop presets.
Go into system settings and delete drivers settings I believe was how I did it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts