Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2005 Rav4 with a dealer installed security system that is acting up. Once in a while, the alarm is triggered without reason. Sometimes as simple as a car/truck drove by. How do I identify the system I have so I can go about to disable or uninstall it?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
There are some factory alarm installs in this forum. Check if you can find anything there that might help you. To download the files go to the 4.3 General sticky under Service Manual.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the link but I don't see a manual that is for 2005's alarm system. I took the car to a shop today and the technician said I have a factory installed alarm system. He said if I disconnect it, remote door lock will not work again.
For newer Rav4, there is a sensor with sensitivity adjustment but I can't find any info about the alarm system for the 2005 Rav4.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
Then try the Toyota dealer. I ponder who to remove my immobilizer on my older Camry which was submerged in water (just the immobilizer) from a boat launch. It was expensive so was the $500 tow from the lake. The dealer uninstalled my immobilizer and I never had a problem afterwards. Sometimes you need to take it to a dealer when the work is complex and specialized.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your help. I took the Rav4 to another shop and the tech there is able to disable/disconnect the alarm with the remote lock function intact.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts