Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok now both rav's are lit up.

ok so went and did as posted, checked for current, yep blue is good,couldnt get my meter to work so just did the tester probe light test.

yes im am a newbie with no real training in electronics but I know enough to follow up on my post: the solution was to really get those resister leads down good and snug!!!!!.

retarded Lights went out in both cars:smile !!!

Thank you all

·
Super Moderator
9,040 Posts
If it's the right one disconnecting it will give a TPMS light on the dash.

·
Registered
5 Posts
that part got me nervous. Dont remember an ABS on it but it was the box right about the middle, there were boxes on the sides...ended up googleing 2009,2011(twins) tpms ecu and from the images I felt reasonable safe and just went for it.

·
Your Humble Administrator
16,418 Posts
Yes, a lot of plastic Toyota parts are stamped ABS for Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene. Has to do with recycling plastic, not brakes.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Update, NO CUTTING (Scotch Lock connector!)

Hi everyone long time reader first time poster,

I read a 4runner forum where they used a Scotch Lock connector and it was basically the same concept of splicing the pink wire to the red wire. So I tried it. IT WORKED!!! It took 10 minutes of my time. The annoying tire sensor light is gone. Just my 2 cents for anyone new who would like to fix this issue with minimal effort. Oh and these connectors cost me $2.99 at AutoZone for a pack of like 10. You only use one though. Way cheaper than $300 or whatever people are paying to replace and reprogram. Thanks to everyone who contributes to the forums, I know I appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
In reference to passing a Massachusetts state inspection, they require to actually see the Tpms light come on at startup and obviously want to see it go out. So my question is, does either 3.3k resistor or the pink/red wire connect methods completely disable the light or will it come on and go out at startup? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hate to resurrect an old thread, but with most 2007's now approaching 10 years old and the chance more people like me will be looking this stuff up. This fix was perfect for my 2007 RAV4. Did the resistor to the pink and blue wire so I am not cutting anything. Took less than 5 mins, and the flashing TPMS light is gone!

·
16,418 Posts
Hate to resurrect an old thread, but with most 2007's now approaching 10 years old and the chance more people like me will be looking this stuff up.
Unfortunately, back in 2007, it was easy to pick up a pack of resistors at any Radio Shack. Now not so much. :(

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hi everyone long time reader first time poster,

I read a 4runner forum where they used a Scotch Lock connector and it was basically the same concept of splicing the pink wire to the red wire. So I tried it. IT WORKED!!! It took 10 minutes of my time. The annoying tire sensor light is gone. Just my 2 cents for anyone new who would like to fix this issue with minimal effort. Oh and these connectors cost me $2.99 at AutoZone for a pack of like 10. You only use one though. Way cheaper than $300 or whatever people are paying to replace and reprogram. Thanks to everyone who contributes to the forums, I know I appreciate it.
Hi, can someone point me to exactly where in this 13 page thread the instructions are for this, I'd really appreciate it!

I'm familiar with these connectors, installing them is no problem!

Thanks, kj

·
Super Moderator
9,040 Posts
Hi, can someone point me to exactly where in this 13 page thread the instructions are for this, I'd really appreciate it!
post 22 = procedure
post 25 = concerns with not using my resistor method.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Perfect. THANKS!

·
Registered
8 Posts
3 of our 4 TPMS sensors went out in a weeks time (bad luck?) and the dealer quoted us $580. Yeah...no. That's stupid money for something so trivial.

I grew up with a generation that checked their tire pressures weekly so the TPMS system is more of a reminder that you're not doing your job properly. Because of that, I had no objections to just doing the resistor method listed here and bypass all the undue drama. I accidentally ran the resistor from the red to the blue and didn't get any results but once I fixed it from PINK to blue, worked like a charm. Light's out and game over for our poor old TPMS system.

Wanted to say thanks for the workaround that you guys threw together. Stuff like this is where forums always shine the brightest!

·
Registered
1 Posts
3.3K resistor shunt method works on 2009 4.3 RAV4 perfectly!
Since we cannot see OP's photos, 2009 model has 12 pin black connector. But as Dr. Dyno indicated, only wire color matters. Just shunt a resistor between pink wire slot and blue wire slot, and TPMS warning light immediately goes off and stays off, with no side effects so far since I did the mod 2 days ago. Thank you everyone for simple hack!

·
16,418 Posts

·
16,418 Posts
I have become blind to
Why did they have to use such a stupid-looking icon? It looks more like a horseshoe than a tire! Why not use something that LOOKS like a flat tire:

Or, better yet:

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to Dr. Dyno! That method worked perfectly on my 2006 Sport model. Dealer said one or more sensors were bad, but wanted hundreds to test and replace. This solution is also great in that it's so easy to undo if needed. A 10-pack of resistors was about $5 on Amazon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just did this with my 2009 Rav4 Sport worked perfectly on my first try it took about 5 minutes. BIG thanks to Fred (Mr. Dyno).

121 - 140 of 159 Posts
About this Discussion
158 Replies
76 Participants
Dr. Dyno
Toyota RAV4 Forums
Rav 4 World is the internet's largest Toyota Rav4 SUV and EV online forum community. Discuss towing, modifications, and more.
Full Forum Listing