Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

161 - 171 of 171 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,639 Posts
1. Does this disconnect the TPM's so they are not sending a signal thus increasing TPM battery life?

Also,
2. Will this method show up as a fault during vehicle annual inspection since the connector is unplugged?
1. No, because the sensors are inside each tire--they can't be disconnected.

2. No, because the resistor "fools" the computer so that the tire pressure looks correct.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Thanks for the prompt reply! So the sensors are transmitting a signal 24/7/365 even when vehicle is turn off?

·
Registered
432 Posts
They transmit every few minutes or when pinged or if there is a change, from what I understand. I could be wrong.

·
Super Moderator
9,974 Posts
1. Does this disconnect the TPM's so they are not sending a signal thus increasing TPM battery life?

Also,
2. Will this method show up as a fault during vehicle annual inspection since the connector is unplugged?
No and no.

·
Registered
8,420 Posts
If my TPMS light comes on apart from when starting my RAV4 and there is no actual pressure problem with the tires I will simply do as some others have done - place a small piece of black electrical tape on the dash instrument cover to blank it. Would be easy to remove if selling/trading in the vehicle - is getting more difficult for me to crawl under the dash nowadays!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Although the black tape thing may work for some, it's just too ghetto for me. I think the 3.3K 1/4 watt resistor is the answer when my sensors finally give up.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Although the black tape thing may work for some, it's just too ghetto for me. I think the 3.3K 1/4 watt resistor is the answer when my sensors finally give up.
You're right, but you can always get used to anything. I had an old Maxima with a CEL lit for a couple of years with tape covering it. It didn't affect the engine itself so it still passed NY inspection. Until NY required no CEL, then had to get it fixed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wiring Differences

I noticed from the first post that the wiring was for a 2009. I was all set to do a 'switched" mod on my 2006 RAV but the wiring was not quite the same.
Pink is in pin 4, not 5​
Green is in pin 5​
Red is in pin 6​
Is the important wire the pink one?

As a stop-gap, I taped over the TPMS light.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!:thumbs_up:
I have a 2007 Rav4 and YES it is the Red & Pink wires even though their pin positions are different in the plug connector. I tested many configurations with a wire just to confirm. Works perfectly & the annoying light is gone immediately. Thank you to those who contributed to this post, cheers.

161 - 171 of 171 Posts