Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all!!
Just receive my daughter 1997 RAV4 back from the repair shop hot engine head gasket change bla, bla, bla, notice that the security light stays off, was working great previously, i call the guy at the shop and ask is he turn off the alarm while working in the engine, he explain that never touch that well, i make a research here a found the the process to turn the key off to on 3 to 5 times and alarm sounds, blinks, stay steady, i wait for light turn off with engine off, to reset the alarm without luck continue in the same state disable, can someone please provide a link or instructions how to address this issue or how to enable again, is very important to me that work because car stay outside of the house all night.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
11,105 Posts
You posted in the wrong forum so I moved your post. Maybe this will help you get an answer.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Check for fuses under the dash and driver kick panel... alarm brain is usually under the driver seat. I would bet that something was disconnected or fuse blew during repair

·
Registered
609 Posts
Do you know which alarm system you have?

My 99 has the VIP RS-3000 system, this was used in most US states(in 1999), except for 4 or 5 states down near Florida that used a different system. Some alarm systems were factory installed and others were installed by the dealers. Each system is programed differently, so we need to know which one you have.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts