Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
If you have the money it may be possible.

I shipped a Suzuki Jeep to Italy 15 years ago when I studied there.
But it was over 5 years old at the time.
I had tinted window wich at the time where illegal. Whenever i would travel and look around Pininfarinas windtunnel/factory where they made and tested Ferraris and Sergio or one of the family members would exit. The security eyes would be glued onto my car.
:shock:

These are some issues:

- Must meet with US Safety codes. May need modifications
- Most likely no warranty
- Shipping container (Your being importer) a few thousand
- Trip to Europe and shopping for it. Then physically shipping it out.
- Dealing with your friendly customs people (May charge you with some Fees like Import tax, Duty, etc.)
- like the other person said (some parts might not be in USA) Imagine shipping a large fender or something similar.
- How will your Auto insurance company handle it

Hope I was not being to negative :p

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Yep, we don't have them in Canada. Toyota would have to have a team of Engineers here do changes and have it passed by Transport Canada.

I sold my Suzuki to businessman in Italy. He phoned me a few months later in Canada for a bunch of paper work or they would not certify it.. At one point it was actually contraband... I helped him out. He said I a great guy for doing it but hey I sold him the car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.