Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several ways to insert photos in your posts here on RAV4World. This is probably the easiest way.

NOTICE: New members must have five (5) previous posts before any photos or links can be posted.

When starting a new thread or posting a reply, you will see many small icons above the text entry window. To insert a photo into your text, click on the paperclip icon:

This will pop up the "Manage Attachments" window:

Here you can upload from 1 to 10 photos to the forum. Click on the first Browse button:

This will bring up another window where you can select the photo you want from your computer's hard drive. First, click on the photo and then click on Open:

Select the next Browse button and repeat for as many photos as you want. Then click the UPLOAD button:

Now you will see a listing of the current attachments (photos) you have uploaded to the forum:

If you are done uploading, click on Close This Window. Now you will be back at the text entry window, so click on the paperclip again and then Insert All:

Finally, click on Submit and your post will appear with thumbnails of your photos. Clicking on any of the thumbnails will show them at their full resolution:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Am I correct in deducing that pictures can't be uploaded in private conversations? I found an old thread that seems to indicate so but didn't see anything recent. I definitely don't see any way to add an attachment in my private options.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Am I correct in deducing that pictures can't be uploaded in private conversations? I found an old thread that seems to indicate so but didn't see anything recent. I definitely don't see any way to add an attachment in my private options.
There is no attachment paper clip icon in private messaging. You can embed a photo using the photo icon
as seen here. The photo would have to be elsewhere, such as your R4W photo album, or an external site like Photobucket.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I use Postimage.org, very simple to use.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Got that !

Dear JuneBug,

I figured how to resize and post pics, but have a problem with viewing some posts pictures. It shows warning triangle, or thumbnail that impossible to open.
Any suggestions on this phenomena?

Thank you.

With my regards,
FLORIDIAN.

·
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dear JuneBug,

I figured how to resize and post pics, but have a problem with viewing some posts pictures. It shows warning triangle, or thumbnail that impossible to open.
Any suggestions on this phenomena?
What browser are you using? Try a different browser and see if you get the same results. I use Firefox, and every now and then I click on a thumbnail that fails to open. It seems to always be a picture taken with an Android phone in portrait mode. I don't get any warning triangles, it just won't open in Firefox.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts