Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI there
Just woundering if anyone knows how you program a new remote control. Unfortunately I dropped and cracked mine. I can get a new one pretty cheap -$38-, but toyota want about $50.00 to program it. I found some info on USA models talking about a box under the drivers seat, but can't seem to find this on the australian model. I am sure it can not be that dificult, so any help would be appreciated.

March 2000(old shape) toyota 5 door rav4

Cheers

·
Registered
176 Posts
If you have the RS3000 with the gray remote send me a pm with your e-mail and I will send you a pdf with the instructions. I also have a pdf on programing the glass sensor and door lock.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunatley just popped in to my local toyota and found out they had made a mistake, it is not $38 but $196. Now I need to still buy a remote and don't really feel like spending that much if possible.
Next question is will the remotes off ebay work. I looked at my remote and can't seem to find the FCC that is on all the ebay remotes. How do I know if they are compatibly at all?? I don't believe that the Australian cars have the rs3000. The man at toyota did give me the part number however which is 89742-12180. This may help someone out there to help me hopefully.

Thanks

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a remote entry from eBay thinking it would be cheaper than getting another spare key since if I locked my keys in the car I really didn't need an ignition key just to open the door. But, the instructions are intimidating so I may have the Toyota dealer program it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts