Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I'm currently looking for a 2014 RAV4 Limited with the Technology Package for the Lane Departure warning, Blind Spot Monitoring and Rear cross traffic detection. As I'm looking through ads and pictures, could anyone tell me if there's a quick way to determine if a Limited Trim has the Tech package? I know the side view mirrors will show the BSM sign, but that's usually difficult to see on for sale ads.

Any other way to know for sure through pictures? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I could be wrong, but I'm not sure all(maybe any) of those features are available on the models below 2016.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could be wrong, but I'm not sure all(maybe any) of those features are available on the models below 2016.
I'm going off of Autoblog's review of the 2014 Rav4...

"Also exclusive to Limited is a Technology Package that includes a blind spot monitor with rear cross traffic alert, lane departure alert and auto high beam."
Could be they're mistaken. I'll defer to the forum members here. I'm hoping they're right as it's a major draw to this car for me.

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,761 Posts
Look for a black plastic box mounted on the windshield next to the rear view mirror. This would contain the camera for the lane departure alert.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Look for a black plastic box mounted on the windshield next to the rear view mirror. This would contain the camera for the lane departure alert.
That might be hard to distinguish though, if it is in fact a plastic box. I have the plastic box next to the mirror (to the passenger side) but it's the rain sensor. I don't have the tech package. I've heard the lane departure camera is a circle in the black "shading" section of the windshield, presumably in a plastic box as well. Unfortunately I know more than I want to about the different windshields since having me hybrids' crack and all the trouble it's been getting places to source the right one. Just got the call today that it's in.

·
Registered
424 Posts
If you can view a picture of the radio, in the little dash cutout above the entertainment system, on the opposite side of the hazard warning light button is a button that says LDA. That is the Lane Departure Analysis on/off button. (The digital clock is in the middle of that dash cutout.)

p.s. My '15 Limited has the Technology Package and includes all that 'stuff'. The BSM has saved my hide more than once.

Reactions: Neil22

·
Registered
22 Posts
p.s. My '95 Limited has the Technology Package and includes all that 'stuff'. The BSM has saved my hide more than once.
'95? As in 1995?!? That was over 20 years ago - I haven't researched car safety features, but it would be very surprising to me if BSM, LDA, DRCC, and other features existed in 1995. If that is the case, good for Toyota!

·
Registered
8 Posts
My '16 SE has little 'security ball cameras' under each side view mirror and a small camera at the front for the wrap around (Combines the wrap around from the rear view cam, 2 side views from mirror and the front). Isn't it all or nothing with the tech packages? So if you see those, esp the front of the car and side mirrors, you have the BSM, LDA, PCS etc..?!?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a 16 SE with ATP. It includes bird's eye view camera, radar cruise control, BSM, LDA, precollision warning system, and parking/backup sensors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you can view a picture of the radio, in the little dash cutout above the entertainment system, on the opposite side of the hazard warning light button is a button that says LDA. That is the Lane Departure Analysis on/off button. (The digital clock is in the middle of that dash cutout.)
Perfect. That's exactly what I was looking for. The picture below show's a 2014 Rav4 Limited with the safety features and specifically the "LDA" button on the opposite side of the "Hazard" button as described by volosong Thanks!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts