Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I'm a new member and thrilled to have found this forum. It has already helped me solve a problem (well, mostly). Now looking to solve the final piece.

Just traded in my 2002 Rav which I had bought new in the fall of '01. It only had 215000 miles on it. But last winter, rust was found in the sub frame so I had to accept that it was time for a new car. After looking at all the new small suv's and not finding anything imo with seats as good as the 02's, I ended up buying....... Wait for it...... Another '02 Rav with only 82000 miles.

Anyway, it's a honey and I am quite, quite pleased overall. However, last weekend after a bad rain, a water leak came to light. This is my first car with a sunroof so I was immediately suspicious of that as i watched the water drip from the sunroof's control switch. Later i found the new pond under the driver's seat floor mat.

Keeping to my resolution of using Toyota Service only as a last resort, I started researching this problem on the web where i stumbled across this GREAT site and learned all about cleaning the rubber gasket and tracks as well as clearing the drain holes. And this is where I was brought up short.

According to a schematic diagram I obtained of the sunroof and what is called for in parts, the 2002 Rav has 4 drain holes, 1 in each corner. The fronts one were found without too much bother under some debris and dutifully cleared using a length of coated wire. But the rear ones have proved elusive and I'm wondering if they are even reachable as according to the schematic the rear corners of the sunroof assembly are back under the headliner.

So my question for y'all is this: has anyone managed to clear the back drain holes and how the heck did you do it??

Apologies all around if this has been addressed before but i couldn't find a thread where it had been.

ElaineRavi

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,892 Posts
Maybe it would be easier to find the other end of the drain tubes and insert your wire there?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you saying that its a straight shot from where it should drain from the back of the car into the bottom of the rear drain tubes? Because I didnt experience that in the front.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, I cannot find the problem, local garage couldn't find it on 1st visit and cannot fit me in again until next week, so its off to Toyota Service on Wednesday. Was really hoping not to have to go that route.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts