Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone tried to remove a broken stud from a 30mm spacer? Any advice would be appreciated. Both left and right rear stud were broken some time ago and since I'm on vacation I think its time to tackle this chore.

As you can see I am using McGard Lug Nuts all around. But these two have had it. BTW, the McGard part # are as follow M12X1.5 64002. They are better then stock. But look like some minimum wage idiot didn't torque them down and I'm paying the consequences. What a coincidence that it happen one on each side.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Studs are a press fit, with splined ends. So a BFH is required, big f* hammer.

Forgot to say, the press in from the rear, so you have to knock the threaded part. In your case you may need a punch as your threaded part is broken off.

·
Registered
6 Posts
3mm Spacer on with stock studs

Hi,

I am trying to put some winter tires on 2012 Sienna 17" alloy rims. they have the same wheels specs as 2012 Rav4 that I own. The wheels fit perfect on the rear wheels but on the front, the calipers are scratching the inside of the wheel. I am thinking about using a 3mm spacer to give it some room. I am wondering if I could the stock studs or do I need or replace them with longer ones. Could someone help me here?

thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1999 Toyota RAV4 with 3MZ-FE 6 cylinder engine, camo wrap, OME lift, heavily modded
2,045 Posts
Hi,

I am trying to put some winter tires on 2012 Sienna 17" alloy rims. they have the same wheels specs as 2012 Rav4 that I own. The wheels fit perfect on the rear wheels but on the front, the calipers are scratching the inside of the wheel. I am thinking about using a 3mm spacer to give it some room. I am wondering if I could the stock studs or do I need or replace them with longer ones. Could someone help me here?

thanks in advance.
Many wheel spacers have their own studs, that's how my 1" spacers work.

Link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A7I380O/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts