Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me. I am trying to connect a wired FM modulator but I can not access the back of the cigarette lighter. How do I remove the cigarette lighter panel with or without the other switches adjacent to it? I know this has come up before but I am not sure I understood the directions. Thanks in advance,
Raj.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
At the risk of being accused of trying to answer my own question, I have finally cracked the problem and here is how to do it. There are two screws holding the panel in place (i.e. the panel with cigarette lighter, ashtray and some switches). The first screw is located in the upper corner (in my RAV right upper corner) of the panel and the second screw is located on the side wall of the hole for the ashtray. The second screw is accessed by removing the ashtray. Having removed these two screws, use a thin flat screw driver that is protected by cellotape applied to the tip to pry out the panel gently. Use the leverage action of the screw driver along the whole perimeter, starting at the corner where the first screw was placed. DO NOT yank out the panel by just pulling at one corner. The chances are that the panel will break at the other end. Work along the perimeter of the panel and it will pop out. There seems to be enough place behind the panel to slip in a FM modulator. Re -attaching procedure must be the opposite of removing it. I'll be connecting the FM modulator during the weekend. Hope that helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts