Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vehicle: 2007 RAV4, V6, 4WD

My tpms light has been on for about a year so I recently had all 5 TPMS sensors replaced. The light went off and about 3 days later, it came back on. I verified all 5 tires are at the correct pressure. I've tried researching this issue and it always leads to resetting the TPMS which is impossible on the 2007 RAV4 since it did not have the reset switch. This leads me to believe the TPMS receiver may be the issue but I can't find anything about how to test this.

How do I test the TPMS receiver? Where is it even located?

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
279 Posts
Did the new TPMS get paired with your ecu? If you got America's tires, they have this sensor thing they hold next to the tpms (valve stem) of each wheel to get the radio frequency, then they plug into your obd2 port and sync the tpms to the ecu. If you want to do this yourself, you'll need Techstream.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Not sure if this is your issue, but have the shop pair all the sensors again. This happened to me, and they had missed the spare tire sensor during pairing. They did it over--I had to remove the spare tire cover to have it done properly-- and all has been well all winter.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts