Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

How Quiet is it inside the rav?

• Extremely quiet dont hear traffic around me.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Moderate not bothersome but some noise.

• OK... Turning radio up solves problem

• Loud... Sound deadening is the way to go.

• Total voters
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pretty straight foward poll. I was wondering what you actual owners of the vehichle who have had it for more then just a test drive think of the over all noise in the cabin itself. I am hoping I wont have to sound deaden all the doors and flooring.

Thanks!

R

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should put my hobbies in profile. Guns / Home theater/ Cars.

lol,

I about to go test drive rav in about an hour and if its cool I'll start wheelin and dealin , I am just not sure if I want to trade my car in or sell it private.

Heres my car if anyones interested in buyin =)

http://www.devinexecution.com/arsonscl/

R

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok got to test drive it finally. I like it I wish I could drove one that was the 4 wheel with leather but at least I got to feel how fast it is and the ride seemed nice and smooth not to much road noise, most the noise came from engine with me on the gas.

Soo next step is to try and sell my car then I'll order a rav the way I want it!

R

·
Super Moderator
1,559 Posts
Maybe add "Mostly" between Extremely and Moderate? The primary noise I hear driving around is the low "thrrumm" of the exhaust from my V6 and I love it! Sure there's a little bit of road noise from the tires, but overall, it's very quiet inside. 8) I don't need the isolation of a Lexus cabin, thank you very much. :wink:

Gun guy here too! Really only bought my first firearm this year though -- an FNP40, very sweet handgun! Glocks just don't "do it" for me visually, something unbalanced about their appearance -- I like a couple of them, but I think most of them look downright odd. Thinking about a USP if I ever get the nerve to spend that much on a handgun. Bought a Benelli SuperSport after a buddy of mine got me sucked into trap/skeet shooting, hopefully it doesn't keep escalating! :wink:

Good luck with getting your RAV! :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So quiet, i did'nt even here the engine when i turn it on, while me and my son where in conversation. :D

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
not to change the subject but the USP is a nice gun.. I had th eitch for one a lil while back in stainless(all mine are stainless) but that was solved buy getting my Beretta 8000INOX. One of 1200 imported by Beretta. :) BUW my absolute best shooting gun is my Beretta 92 INOX. This gun is legendary. scary accurate..

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Road (tire) noise on my v6 limited 2wd is very loud in comparison to the 2002 Suburban I was driving before changing to the RAV4.

So in comparison it's very loud. But its not that bad. Just worse in comparison. Price I pay for a cheaper, smaller, but more fuel efficient and more fun to drive vehicle.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Actually quieter than 4 cyl. Camrys I've driven from '96 to the present, latest '01 (the RAV4 V6, I'm talking about - quieter than the I4 engine, especially cruising at highway speeds). This is also with the stock Geolandar tires. I recently put Pirelli A/Ts on (235/65/17, fits and handles fine), and they give me a little more sound and feel feedback from the road texture, but not bad at all.

If the I4 sound bothers you, try the V6 (maybe not the very best reason to like or dislike a car, but there it is, and the engine DOES make a difference).

Overall, I'm VERY pleased with the low level of noise, but someone who's used to a Lexus or other luxury car may not be.

Let us know how you like the test drive!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts