Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
It's been very close to 95 down here and so far I've been quite pleased with the RAV's ac. I especially like the auto function.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Today is the first time I got to drive wifey's car in hot weather; thermometer said 90f, and I had to set it all the way on the cool side and set the fan to "3" (out of 4, without recirc) to cool it off enough for me (manual controls). and I don't like it real cold. so it was kinda wimpy. in my other cars, once the a/c cooled off the car, i'd always turn the fan down to "1" or set the temp warmer; not in this car.

J

·
0 Posts
On the highway at 94F with the fan set on 2 the wife and I were very comfortable. In town with lots of standing still, we had the recirc on and the fan on 3 and we were fine.

·
Registered
379 Posts
flyingn"]Its been 95 + here (98 now) .. How is your ac working? In this high humidty (50%)
We should be so lucky here, 94 -96% humidity Temp 93-98 the last few days, just terrible. Even the dog, (the species that is) comes in the house w/ his tongue dragging. The AC in the RAV pumps cold air w/i seconds. Very pleased w/ the AC

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok thats about where we are.

jacketch said:
On the highway at 94F with the fan set on 2 the wife and I were very comfortable. In town with lots of standing still, we had the recirc on and the fan on 3 and we were fine.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
don't worry we too will be blessed with the hi humidity soon here,. its still early in the year and summer is not here yet. In july/aug here is mid 90's and mid 90% humidity here

inlets said:
flyingn"]Its been 95 + here (98 now) .. How is your ac working? In this high humidty (50%)
We should be so lucky here, 94 -96% humidity Temp 93-98 the last few days, just terrible. Even the dog, (the species that is) comes in the house w/ his tongue dragging. The AC in the RAV pumps cold air w/i seconds. Very pleased w/ the AC

·
Registered
218 Posts
It was brutal here over the weekend. THe temp gauge said 99 at one point. The AC worked like a charm once we put the fan on 2.

I will say that is my only gripe thus far with the Rav is the fan. It doesn't seem to blow as strongly as previous cars I've had.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was a little dissapointed with the AC. It was a little better than my previous car (Mitsu Evo VIII), but not nearly as good as my parents Camry (2005) and Corolla (2002). The parents cars are instantly ice cold even in the hottest of weather. To get the Rav4 nice and cold over the 95 degree weekend, I had to put it on 4 with Max AC for about 10 min. before switching it to 3 than later to 2. Unlike some of you, I thought the AC took a little long to get cold. Maybe the larger interior volume makes the cooling process take longer.

Not too bad considering the Evo felt like a slug with the AC on, and I can barely notice when the Rav4 has AC on full blast.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Noticed the recycled air mode stays on longer than usual with recent temps in the 90's. Couldn't believe the air had little or no effect on the gas mileage on our weekend trip - no loss of power here either. :)

OC

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
flint35 said:
I was a little dissapointed with the AC. It was a little better than my previous car (Mitsu Evo VIII), but not nearly as good as my parents Camry (2005) and Corolla (2002). The parents cars are instantly ice cold even in the hottest of weather. To get the RAV4 nice and cold over the 95 degree weekend, I had to put it on 4 with Max AC for about 10 min. before switching it to 3 than later to 2. Unlike some of you, I thought the AC took a little long to get cold. Maybe the larger interior volume makes the cooling process take longer.

Not too bad considering the Evo felt like a slug with the AC on, and I can barely notice when the RAV4 has AC on full blast.
With the Camry and Corolla, you dont have to cool off the space behind the 2nd row seats.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yesterday was 106 DegF @ 10% humidity. Toasty! The AC is a little weak at lower settings. I need to go to recirc and 3 to get it initially cooled off. Later, I can crack a window, go to outside air, and blower at 2. It's is not as good as some but still works.

Beats the heck out of an old Scout I used to drive. It had twin 55 air conditioning.

Commonly heard phrase arround here, "It's a dry heat."
My response, "Right, and so is an oven!"

·
Registered
758 Posts
Primevalpapa - it’s just starting to get good around here, at least the heat was turned up gradually. I’m starting to figure out how to use the Limited climate controls in the extreme heat. The A/C actually gets colder if I set it to a higher temperature instead of trying to cool it down with high fan speed (lower temperature setting). The Rav4 is a lot better than the 05’ Camry I replaced. I also tinted every window in the vehicle after I bought it, which seemed to help.

So what’s the highest temperature you’ve seen on the display? Mine has been 109 :shock:

R

·
0 Posts
What I want to know is how well it works when it is 115 plus degrees, 95 is a nice balmy day here in Phoenix in the Summer.

·
Registered
25 Posts
RAYDAHS said:
So what’s the highest temperature you’ve seen on the display? Mine has been 109 :shock:
I was out and about Wednesday (High 106) afternoon. The outside temp read 112 for a little while. It never seems to be real close but that is no surprise being located where it is. The ac worked fine.

Your right about the heat coming more gradual this year. Previous years it has gone right from winter to summer.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts