Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, the V6’s have arrived "in force" but they aren’t selling yet. I researched 3 dealers in our area to get a good statistical sampling. This may not match your area’s allocation but here it is: 26 RAV’s have arrived in the past two weeks with 50% V6 and 50% I4. Two V6’s have sold and Seven I4’s have sold.

The price of gas may be a psychological factor. But, I bet the added up front cost of the V6 is the real motivator. Folks shopping for Toyota’s entry level SUV have cheaper SUV choices and less costly (better equipped) Camry and Corolla options if they aren’t “true” RAV fans.

This research won't take into account my area's private orders that won't hit the lot. Still, I’m still surprised at that 50/50 split.

I'll check one more time after the last day of the month to get a complete current snapshot.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Have you physically went down to these dealers and check their inventory, or are you just checking their inventory on their website. My local dealer listed 15 RAV on the website and we went down there the next day and they had 2 on the lot. I am not sure how often the dealers update their websites but i would say its not too often. Maybe it is a marketing tool to get people into the showroom.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been physically on 2 of the lots (1 much more often).

I am confident my most visited dealer is accurate. All 3 dealers have posted numerous additions plus the sales deletions in the last two weeks (so a lot of activity/manpower just to be faking it).

Maybe your dealer uses it as a marketing ploy. I can see them being lazy and setting it up and leaving it with a few different colors showing just to get someone in.

The dealer I didn't visit posted (4) base V6 fwd deliveries on one day last week. Two wheel drives are not the purchase of choice up in the mountians so I'm inclined to think it is accurate since why bother listing them otherwise.

My closest dealer (trying to win favoritism) once told Toyota to send them what the region had on hand; they were given 3 identical base gold 4.2's ....Maybe likewise, for some reason, Toyota has shipped a bunch of V6 models this way.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Hummm for some reason, I guess the RAV is not selling well in Virginia, doesnt most of the people down there drive big American pickup trucks?

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep, we sure does love 'em trucks.

A coworker of mine moved down from Ohio and he usually had a bit of disdain in his voice when commenting on the overabundance of trucks. To his credit, he used his Honda Odyssey for cargo more often than most truck owners.

But, it’s funny how many non-owners have a need for a friend with one.

·
Registered
233 Posts
If you believe that the dealer puts all his cars on display that is just plain wrong. Most of their inventory is on remote parking lots. So, what you see is not necessary what they have...

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well, we see a lot of posts around here how people cant find V6's they want :). Reason more V6s are arriving is that they started selling few months after 4cly, so Toyota is trying to answer to demand.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've had several people ask me how I liked my new Rav4 over the
last few months. When I mention to them that there are V6's
available, they're definitely more interested in the I4's (like mine).
They don't seem willing to even consider the V6, even though I told
them the mpg on them is pretty darn good. I guess it's more psychological then anything else.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Send some of those V6's to the west coast. There are literally zero V6 limited within 50 miles of me. (a dozen dealerships).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts