Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
:lol: One of the only companies I know of that are downsizing their vehicles to get more sales! :lol:

Probably just a last ditch effort to revive a company with poor sales performance. With gas prices the way they are and not looking too good in the future, I don't see too much of those HUMMERS on the road anymore. :x :wink:

·
Registered
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't size the main reason why people buy them?

Doesn't shrinking it defeat the purpose of the Hummer?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Jeff, yes; that was the main reason awhile back. People bought them to be different (probably thinking... he who has the biggest toys wins mentality). However, I believe the fad is starting to die out and its dismal gas consumption is wearing thin on consumers.

That is the reason they are building the smaller H3's. This is one of the only companies that I can think of that has gone from huge (original H1 HUMMER) to large (HUMMER H2) to medium sized (new HUMMER H3).

A few years back, I can remember seeing a lot of them on the roads here... now they are a rare sight. :(

T

·
0 Posts
ok so whats up with the flag??? :shock: is it incase it sinks and then one will know where to find it exactly??? :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Tanya said:
ok so whats up with the flag??? :shock: is it incase it sinks and then one will know where to find it exactly??? :D :D :D
:lol: , actually if I am not mistaken, it is used to tell other drivers running on the dunes that you are just over the crest of the hill/mound. That's so both of you don't meet at the top and crash into each other. Well, that's my best guess. :roll: :D

B

·
0 Posts
Well,
If I had the cash for a new offroader, I'd consider the H3 pretty seriously. Other competitors would be the Wrangler unlimited rubicon and the Xterra. Most everything else in this price range isn't really an offroader (envoy, highlander, pilot). But it seems like a solid competitor if you can get around the 5cyl engine...which to me would be just fine as my rover is pretty slow...I don't really care about gobs of HP...

But yes, as time goes by, there are fewer people driving dedicated offroaders, especially, as here in the NE, available land disappears pretty quickly.

I've taken the tack of using a cheapo Civic as my daily driver, saving my cash for the land rover to use occasionally...I can't afford to spend the money to drive the rover every day...but sure, there are some who don't care about $60 at the pump every other day...just wish I had that kind of disposable income...

Bogatyr

·
Registered
422 Posts
From what I've heard (mainly from the hubby, I have to admit I haven't looked this one up myself yet) the H3 is seriously underpowered for its considerable weight. I bet the Xterra would be the more capable of the two.

Becky

T

·
0 Posts
it looks like a toy... i don't think it's all that bad other then it eats gas like a monster.. i especially like the going underwater picture... can they do that? it'll be so much fun..

T

·
0 Posts
An even smaller H4 is already in the concept phase.... why do they keep making it smaller? shouldn't they be working on something else that improve the gas milage instead of making them smaller? if they try to enter the small SUV market they'll die for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts