Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have RAV4 2006 4X4 2.4L BASE.
I bought it on March 3, 2006 and I am so happy about this car.

But , there is a big problem on this car. When I open the back windows(you know where ^^) either one, the wind sound hit something in the car and it make so loud noice and it also hurting my eardrum when the car is over 40mph. IT is howling noise but so bad.

Let me give you example how that sound hurts my eardrum.

When you turn on a radio little loud and the base sound is the max.
Think about it .. the sound like boooong~~ booong~~~ boooong~~ and the eardrum is almost split away.
This is a new car and why should I have this kind of problem.

When the windows closed, it goes away.

Anyone have that kind of problem???

I will take it to the dealer but why???

Please someone help me..

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Welcome to the forums. :D

From what I understand, what you are experiencing is normal. It is the wind buffeting in the car through the tiny opening in your rear window. For what it's worth, my wife's 2002 Camry does the same thing. Very annoying to say the least, but we've learned to keep the back windows up all the time (actually all of the windows) and just run the AC. Here in Hawaii, it is normal to run AC most of the time. :D

·
Registered
363 Posts
That is normal, it is called wind. it is why automobiles get better gas mileage with the windows up. All motor vehicles have this issue to some degree. Simply crack another window to allow airflow. Taking this problem to the dealer is like complaining about a rainy day.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am became a stupid. My friend told me that why I open the rear seat windows and that howling is normal.
So, I am sensitive but I never experienced that kind of condition before. Still, I do not know that I am so sensitive or the car has a problem. So I should not open the rear seat windows. Close them all the time. Then, why the windows are there.???

G

·
0 Posts
You can open them, just open two windows. This will eliminate the pressure.

V

·
0 Posts
kotakji2001 said:
I am became a stupid. My friend told me that why I open the rear seat windows and that howling is normal.
So, I am sensitive but I never experienced that kind of condition before. Still, I do not know that I am so sensitive or the car has a problem. So I should not open the rear seat windows. Close them all the time. Then, why the windows are there.???
Kotakj...just open two windows a little bit. It's called air pressure, I get the whistling noise too, when I drive my in-laws focus station wagon.

Quit being silly and read the posts here before you go off and come to some wild conclusions.

You can open your windows, and the reason they are there is to let some air into your vehicle.

If you want to CLOSE the windows all the time, then that is your choice. You are an adult and that is your decision.

Geez Louise,
vroom2grow

:shock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts