Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into the cargo liners, Husky and Weathertech have ones I've seen mentioned here. Weathertech is about $109 whereas Husky is about $69. Does anybody have experience with either? Really interested in why the big price diff, what's $40 better with the Weathertech? thx.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I looked at both when I wanted a cargo liner (and floor liners) for my 2000 RAV4. Weathertech was also much more expensive. Looking at pictures of the Weathertech product it looked like it might have been made of a thicker plastic, but obviously I couldn't directly compare them. I ended up with the Husky liners. Good quality, fit and appearance - no regrets.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh yeah, also interested in their flexibility; want it to be easy to put in and out, don't want one that's stiff as a board. thx again.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have the Weathertech. It's lightweight, but it's durable. It's flexible enough that you can get to the underneath storage easily. It's also very easy to remove, even when it's cold.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Ditto for the Husky liner. It ships rolled up in a box so it's obviously flexible, but you can easily take it out without spilling whatever's in it if it needs cleaning. There's no reason for a cargo liner to be overly rigid anyway.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Has anyone bought the Husky, the Weathertech, or the Toyota-brand Cargo liner for the '06 model? Sometimes the fit on these things can vary. I'm trying to figure out if there's any reason to pay $30 more for the Weather tech or the Toyota liner than for the Husky.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I bought the Toyota cargo liner and it is a perfect fit. It comes rolled up and takes a few days of warm to flatten out completely.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Joshi said:
Has anyone bought the Husky, the Weathertech, or the Toyota-brand Cargo liner for the '06 model? Sometimes the fit on these things can vary. I'm trying to figure out if there's any reason to pay $30 more for the Weather tech or the Toyota liner than for the Husky.

I have the Weathertech. Perfect fit. Here's a couple of pics:

·
Registered
130 Posts
The Weathertech cargo mat in the previous post looks identical to the Toyota one that I bought except that mine says Toyota on it in exactly the same place as that one says Weathertech.

·
Registered
168 Posts
How much did you pay? I tried to get the cargo liner/tray from Toyota when we got our RAV but they wouldn't be available for a month so we went with the Weathertech since that is where the dealer said they get them from.

·
Registered
6,348 Posts
then I'd say its a REAL good bet that the oem Toyota mat is made by Weathertech

Harold said:
The Weathertech cargo mat in the previous post looks identical to the Toyota one that I bought except that mine says Toyota on it in exactly the same place as that one says Weathertech.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The Toyota cargo tray and Toyota cargo liner are two separate items. The cargo liner (which is probably made by weathertech) is the more expensive of the two. Most places I have seen it price it at about $100-$110.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I just cancelled my longstanding order for the cargo tray, as it is still unavailable and I'm tired of waiting for it. I'm going to get one of the cargo liners, either the Toyota or the Husky (the toyota and the weathertech sound like the same thing, so might as well choose the toyota one). I'm trying to figure out some things:

1. Why does the Weathertech/Toyota cost $30 more than the Husky
2. Is the Husky liner is an exact fit in the *2006* Rav4? Fit varies based on the specific vehicle.
3. What color is the Toyota cargo liner?
4. Where have you found the Toyota liner cheapest?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Here is a picture of the Toyota cargo liner. It looks exactly like the Weathertech one to me. I can't see the difference. Can you see the difference? This one is still a bit curled up because the temperature has been below freezing since I put in in 3 days ago. It is a nice match to my ash coloured interior which is pure fluke since no colour choice was offered.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I would also like to know where you are purchasing the Toyota liner. Toyota Parts Store doesn't have them yet. Has anyone in the states located a seller who has them now?

1 - 20 of 88 Posts