Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Rav 4 with V6. When ever I have my AC or heat turn on at level 1 or 2, the air flow very weak. I don't feel a breeze until I am 1 feet near the vent. When turn the vent to level 3 or 4, I can feel it. At that point, the vent is pretty loud at full blast. Is this normal for my vent at level 1 and 2? thanks

·
Super Moderator
11,459 Posts
Position 1 and 2 are useless. 3 is not quite enough and 4 is too much. It's the same on every Toyota with a four speed fan. Our Base V-6 has only seen speeds 3 & 4 since purchased new. Same with the Corollas we had previously.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
cabin filter changed?

·
Registered
9,025 Posts
With my '11 V6, fan position 1 has weak but perceptible air flow, 2, 3, & 4 are progressively stronger. Position 2 usually will keep windows defogged in our often-damp winter climate. Airflow is somewhat stronger with air from outside enabled.

Besides checking the air filter as in Octane's Post #4, if the filter is OK then it is possible that there is a mouse nest or other obstruction in the system, which some RAV4 owners have experienced.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I once replaced a fan a/c blower for my corolla that only had one speed. That didn't work
but it worked on all speeds after I replaced the the whole a/c switch.
when you only have the fastest speed, it's because the switch resistor pack is burned. On my old Nissans they all had a module you could change behind the switch. don't know if toyotas are the same....

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
I will look at the air filter when i have a chance.
While you're there....check the air intake grille/screen under the hood, at the base of the windshield. Mine is partially clogged with leaves etc. I just have to get under there one of these days!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts