Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have what looks like a common problem on the Toyota's, failed or stuck dampers or failed servos. Has anyone successfully removed the blower housing without removing the upper and lower dash panels? Has anyone actually removed and replaced the passenger side servos? I can't get the defroster vent to work and the white plastic gear is loose on the passenger side servo.
Can someone post a step by step for getting to the servos?
I have read that the sealant for the HAVC box runs down and sticks the dampers in one position. Can anyone confirm this?

·
Super Moderator
10,152 Posts
W/o me having to dig for it what year & model is your RAV4? Easiest way is to add it to your signature as in my list below.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Holy thread revival batman...

To properly remove the blower motor housing, you will need to remove the upper dashboard. Not too sure, but it will be a lot easier if you remove the bottom dashboard too.

Instead of messing with "the bar" where one of the housing bolts to in order to take off the housing from the evap, I took off the bottom housing first.

Bottom half forms a seal with the bottom evap. You will have to reach behind and unclip the bottom half from the top half (they break easy). Bolts to the top half, evap, footwell, and a bar(just loosen the top half of the bar and let it dangle). That way, with the top blower housing, you will only have to mess with the seal to the firewall/windshield, the welded piece that attaches to "the bar," and a guiding piece that helps it in place with the evap.

·
Super Moderator
10,152 Posts
I wonder how many posts I need to start a thread?? Stay tuned for ACTUAL pictures.
It's 5 for links or pics. I wish there was a way we could lower it for deserving thread revives. :wink

·
Your Humble Administrator
2008 RAV4 Limited V6
16,732 Posts
If my wife saw our RAV4 like this, she would have a heart attack!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts